day 52

"This is my other assistant, (L/N), she'll be taking you around and filling you in on everything."

Jumin's hand rested comfortably on the lower arch of her back. Absentmindedly placing his hand there as he talked to the visiting guest. (Y/N) kept an eye on the guest and moved her arm back, grabbing hold of his and gently pulling it away from her back.

The male took notice of this but didn't make any form of acknowledgement. She gave his hand a tight squeeze before her arm dropped to her side. He was slightly flustered realising he was touching her once again despite the fact they agreed on setting boundaries.

He's never been this physical before but recently he can't seem to keep himself away. His hands always seem to find their way on her body. She felt like an irresistible drug.

"Let me walk you around, shall I?"

She took the lead, directing the guest down the office. As they walked away, jumin gave her hand a quick tap.

He wasn't sure why but he felt as if he needed to reassure her. She was always nervous around new people and he didn't trust the fact this guest was a man. Women were a threat as well but most people Chairman teamed up was normally similar to him.

Sometimes he believed they all ran a club together for their type.

Jaehee stood beside him seconds later, holding up her phone with a smile.

"Luciel has finally gotten word with V and has been setting up (Y/N)s profile and access, her emojis seem to be  underworks two."

It was a picture of seven hunched over his desk, typing away coding in a quick frenzy whilst a small pop up of cute emojis of (Y/N) in the corner. He did find it somewhat funny that the male had to do all of this sort but it always made the chatroom what it is.

Though, he rarely used his.

"That'll be amusing to seeing, I'll be sure to thank them for setting this up."

"I am, two, excited to see how this will be, he's been working hard on this despite his busy schedule."

She placed her phone away, adjusting the files in her arms and stared up at her boss.

"If only he worked for me, I'd be giving him a raise for his efforts."

The brunette felt herself mentally cringe; despite the difference her sweet friend was making on him, he was still clueless.

"How comes you made (Y/N) do the guide? I would have thought you'd keep her by your side."

Jumin stiffen. Coughing into his hand as he looked to the side, brushing imaginary dirt off himself.

"I do not have favourites, assistant Kang, besides - we agreed on setting boundaries so I thought I'd be best to have some space whilst I think."

She was curious about what he meant on boundaries and what happened to make this happen but she decided to hold her tongue. She felt as if she could be more relaxed in his company thanks to his change in personality and (Y/N)'s encouragement but she couldn't be too friendly.

"I'm assuming you will be sitting in your office whilst I have more work to do." She commented.

"You're lucky to be in your position, speaking of work I do have things I need you to do."

"Of course, Mr Han."

She sighed. She knew she dug her own grave but the woman had hoped to have a crumb of mercy.

Currently, with (Y/N) she was ending the guide with her usual work smile. Her cheeks hurt from smiling all the time but she refused to show it.

"And that has been the top floor guide, I'm sure you won't  be needing to see the rest as these apartments you'll be partnering with, do you have any questions?"

"Do you often come to work? What's your schedule?"

Her eyes drifted to the side, biting the inside of her cheek. She was pretty tired of people talking to her especially when she got mixed vibes from them.

She turned her attention to him once again with her forced smile. Pretending she had to put thought into it when she was ready to just leave and sit back at her desk. Despite her mood, she had to keep the investor interested.

"Uh- it's very packed, I work almost every day."

"I see, I'm glad I'll be seeing more of you, miss (L/N)."

This felt genuine; she was used to creepy coworkers and businessmen. Of course, not everyone one she's met in this job has been like that; there's been plenty of good people. But the surprise still got to her.

"It's a pleasure to be able to work with you! Let's go back to Mr Han to discuss further action about the partnership."

"How would you describe your business environment?"

Her blood went cold at the question. Again, there was plenty of wonderful and peaceful days at C&R international but everyone seemed to have this complex; they all acted as if they were higher than her.

Not everyone but it was a lot.

"It's pleasant! I haven't had any issues!"

Sam. The group of women that ganged up on her. Constant rumours and gossip. Getting stuck in an elevator. Almost getting fired.

And countless embarrassing moments of being clumsy or sending the wrong email.

"That's wonderful to hear, I've heard working here can be strict."

"It can be but it's all professional, everything is handled with a logical plan."

"So it's true, Jumin Han is a robot." The man chuckled, following close to the assistant.

"I wouldn't say that, he seems pretty emotional to me."

This caught his attention. He looked down at her with a curious stare. She had a fond smile on her face as she walked before it trembled into a deep frown.

Jumin was emotional. Deeply emotional.

"Oh? I've never heard anyone say that."

"I guess it's because I see him more often? Along with chief assistant Kang."

She tried to keep a dismissive tone. Hoping he wouldn't say anything else about the topic.

"Are you and the chief close?"

"Yes! We're very good friends, working with her is a delight." 

Her mood immediately spiked up with joy. They talked had some more small talk as they headed back to her bosses office. She let out a small sigh as they began to part; thankful it was over.