Day 1

She wasn't sure she's ever felt this nervous before. Her palms drenched in sweat as she clenched her purse. Inside this purse was her reference that could get her the best job known across Korea.

Assistant to the CEO in line of C&R international.

The woman felt her heart tightly knot, her hand pushing open the revolving door, everything going slow as she finally took a step into the building. Her footsteps echoing through the bustling front room. Eyes landing on the receptionist.

"Hello?"

The receptionist looked up, quirking a brow with a small smile.

"Hello, are you here for a meeting?"

"Ah-! No! I'm here for my first day."

She tapped along the keys. Eyes flickering through the screen before letting out a pleased "ah". The sound of the other receptionist's voices muffled as she trained her attention at the woman at the desk.

"Miss (L/N)? yes, mister Han is expecting you."

"What?! Am I late?!"

The poor woman's head snapped to the closest clock. Heart racing as she darted to every clock she could find. On the wall, on her watch, her cell phone. Trying to figure out how she could be late - she made sure to be ten minutes early!

'Did I forget the meeting time?'  she thought. Still zoning out in her panicked thoughts.

The receptionist, with guilt in her eyes, placed a gentle hand on the panicked woman's hand. Snapping her back into reality as she showed her a guest pass.

"He ended his last meeting earlier than expected so he's been waiting for you, just go to the elevator and head to the top floor, you'll find him waiting in his office."

She nodded. Relief drowning all of her fears.

(Y/N) hastily walked over to the pass scanner. Pulling it over her head as she went through. Immediately spotting a silver elevator shining under the ceiling light. Almost appearing as it was the special elevator. The one she needed to specifically go into.

The young woman waited in the corner of the elevator. Squishing close to the wall as different people went in and out. All ignoring her presence except for one woman. Adjusting her glasses as she stood next to the younger woman.

"Are you (Y/N)?"

"Yes? I'm sorry - have we met?"

The brunette shook her head. Adjusting the many documents in her arms.

"I'm Jaehee Kang, we talked in your emails."

"Oh! It's nice to finally meet you!"

She immediately brightened up. Offering a hand to shake but paused seeing the other woman holding the load of papers. Before she could retract her hand, Jaehee awkwardly shook her hand.

(Y/N) mumbled a "thank you", returning close to the wall. Adjusting her formal attire feeling scruffy next to the pristine chief assistant.

The elevator opened for the thousands time. Revealing the top floor to the small group of people inside. Jaehee walking out with long strides. The younger woman scrambling behind her as she tried to keep up.

Like a lost puppy, she followed the brunette to her desk, fingers twiddling as she scanned the rows of offices around her.

"Can you...take me to his office? Please?"

Jaehee looked at her, sighing with a curt nod. Placing the files down and gestured for her to follow. As the two of them walked to Jumin's office, they had a few words thrown into a short conversation.

The chief assistant stopped In front of a large room, glass walls decorating the area. Multiple blinds blocking sight inside. She opened the door without the slightest bit of fear. The complete opposite of (Y/N).

"She's arrived, mister Han."

She peered into the room. Greeting by a well-lit office; a black stained wooden desk with a singular lamp on it, a laptop in the corner with stacks of files on it. A small photo frame sat next to the lamp. Around the office was bookshelves but what surprised her was the cat bed in the corner.

'Did he have a cat in here? Was that even allowed?'

"Thank you, assistant Kang, wait outside the door, I need you to give her a tour."

"But sir- I just arrived I need to finish my work."

The woman gaped at the defiance. Gaze snapping between her new job and the woman. Shuffling into the room with a rapid heart rate.

"You're the chief, it's your responsibility." He stated, unbothered.

'Was it true that he was a robot? Rumours Always sprouted from some truth. It seems completely unfazed by the whole ordeal - was the two of them close?' she started to delve back into her thoughts but snapped out of it at her bosses voice.

She didn't even realize Jaehee has left and closed the door. Leaving her alone with the intimidating man at his desk. She slowly approached, not expecting him to rise from his seat.

They met just a few inches away from his desk. His cold gaze freezing her in place. Fear choking her as she bit the inside of her mouth. She thickly swallowed trying to keep her composure.

Her hand reached out for his, greeting him with a smile and a handshake. He quirked his brow up, mildly impressed with her first move.

As their hands touched neither of them could see the red binds of fate wrapping around them. Blasting from their touching palms, multiple strings tying their heart together.

This was fate. Destiny. Whatever you could call it. Two souls bound to meet and change each other for better...or worse.

Jumin removed his hand after giving hers a squeeze. Hand occupying itself as it fiddled with his other arms sleeves button.

"It seems we'll have a good partnership, you'll need to read through these documents on your health and rules as an employee."

He handed her the two documents. She took them with a brighter smile. Overjoyed at this opportunity.

Years of work have landed her this job. She wasn't going to let it be ruined by nerves.

And so for a few minutes, the two sat opposite of each other. Her, filling out the documents whilst he ran through the basics of what will happen.

And he couldn't admit it but a new voice soothed his ears. Finally, some change will do him some good.