day 9

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

Said female turned around, meeting eyes with a coworker. She clutched her binder close to her chest as she greeted her back.

"I'm Bong-cha! I'm in your department."

(Y/N) jumped up, moving her arm Infront of her to shake the other woman's hand. Bong-cha, who's smile flickered to a frown, gingerly accepted and shook it.

"Oh! Hi? Is there something you need?" She smiled.

"Is it true you're only 21?"

That wasn't what she was expecting. Taking a small step back as she raised a brow, keeping the smile on her face. Her gut twisting with the sense of danger. Something wasn't right here. She pushed on, ignoring the bubbling worry.

"Um, yes? Why are you asking?"

"Everyone was saying you were the youngest assistant and I wanted to see if it was true, hey? How about we walk together?"

Bong-cha moved next to her, tilted her head to the side. Her long black hair draping down her shoulder. She was very beautiful; especially as she was known as one of the older employees. (Y/N) was guessing she was in her thirties maybe forties.

"Sure?"

They walked together. Heading to the lounge room for their break. Something all of them were thankful for as they had to sit at a desk for hours doing work, backs aching from all the slouching.

"As I'm your senior it's good that I look out for you, ya? I heard you've got some hassle from others."

The black-haired woman grinned, her small hands coming together. An air of innocence washing over her. 

"No - I haven't, everyone has been respectful."

"Seriously?! I hear all sorts of rumours!"

"Rumours...?"

She did hear some herself but never thought too much about it. It was a classic woman drama. She knew woman were gossipy and she was guilty of it two.

The black-haired woman's eyes glistened seeing she had the woman's attention. Tucking her hair behind her hair as she pouted.

"That you're trying to seduce, Mr Han, as you've got a pretty face."

"They think I have a pretty face? That's weirdly nice of them but no, I don't like him at all."

Bong-cha gasped, hand on chest. She leaned in, hand at the side of her mouth as she slightly crouched down to be more at level. Her heels giving her a fairly big height advantage.

"Bold words! I heard he's got eyes and ears everywhere."

"Wait- seriously?! Do you think he heard me?"

(Y/N) whipped around, looking for any camera. The sensation of a thousand eyes silvered across her skin as she imagined her boss watching her through the cameras.

'God I practically fear the man, I need to calm down'

"Hahah! Relax! I'm sure he didn't." She waved her hand, showing off how animated she was.

"But I wouldn't expect you to dislike the man - he's handsome, rich and seems to have a soft spot on you."

"A soft spot? Are you sure? It seems he likes to torture me."

The older woman laughed. Slightly picking up paste so she was ahead rather than walking in sync. Glancing down at the shorter female.

"Torture? Wow, you really make him out to be a monster."

"He can be, I bet Jaehee will never finish her work with how much he uses her."

As soon as they reached the lounge room, (Y/N) noticed how barren it was. It was her first time coming in and it seems people preferred stretching their legs or going to the cafeteria.

There was a small group of females who sat inside, conversing to each other as they drank their hot beverages.

"So, (Y/N), do you seriously not like him? Not even a smidge?"

"No, I'll only like him when he fixes his attitude."

Her phone buzzed, as she took it out a scene she didn't expect started to unravel.

"That's a real shame... because we don't believe you."

"Huh? What do you-"

Hot coffee-stained her shirt. She screamed out in pain as she hastily grabbed it to stop it from touching her skin. Hands trembling as she held her phone high in the air. Tears falling down her face as her hair was gripped by one of the women.

All of them cornering her as she cried out.

"You can't just walk in and take Jumin just because you're new! Keep acting like that you'll have to get through me! Do you really think he'll like an outspoken girl like you?!"

"I would refrain from touching my assistant if you want your job."

They all froze. Wondering where the voice came from, no sight of the man. Until they all clocked it was coming from her phone.

'i must have accidentally accepted the call whilst this was happening' (Y/N) concluded.

"How did he-"

"You were right about me having eyes and ears everywhere, I got told there was childish behaviour happening and I decided to see if that was right."

The woman all jumped away from the young woman. She wiped away her tears as she glared at them.

"I want you all in my office, now."

Moments later two security guards walked into the lounge, guiding the group to their bosses office. (Y/N) trailed behind them, placing the phone to her ear.

"Thank you, sir."

"Stop crying, no point crying over jobless women."

She looked up at the fearful woman and felt a swell of joy in her chest. Revenge came quick and sweet.

"Still, you didn't have to do that after what I said about you."

"I don't care about you or your opinion on me, I only care about my business is a place of professionalism, not a playground."

'ah, that sounds much more like him. For a second there I had a belief he actually did have a soft spot for me.'

The call ended when they reached the office. She was requested to stay out. As she waited she heard the distressed cries of the women, soon enough they flooded out, glaring her as they walked to their desks. Packing up their belongings.

"You can come in now."

She did just that. Closing the door behind her as she frowned at her boss. Rubbing her eyes as she approached trying to get rid of the leftover tears.

He handed her his handkerchief, it was a beautiful purple. It was smooth to the touch and obviously made with the best material for comfort. She wiped her eyes gently, fearing to ruin the soft material.

"Thank you."

"Now that you've stopped being emotional, I need you to be in an  important meeting with me next week, you'll be standing in for Jaehee."

"Oh- of course, sir, I'll make sure to prove valuable."

"Good, now leave."