day 50

The day was tortuously long. Nothing was making it easier. It definitely didn't help when (Y/N) kept zoning out; her mind consumed with the thoughts of the penthouse. The way his lips just touched hers made her want to scream. She wanted a real kiss.

'But as he said, he just lost himself - he doesn't actually feel that way! It was just one of those moments!'

Her eyes dragged to the side, watching Jaehee for a few moments as she sent a quick message on her phone. This made her wonder when exactly was she going to be put into the RFA chat. It was strange being apart of something but still an outsider.

As soon as break arrived she bounced out of her seat. Her friend walked over with a bright smile.

"I'm going to the store, I'll bring you back something, okay?"

"Aw~ you don't have to!"

The brunette waved off her friend. Walking out of the office without a nothing word; picking up speed as she knew break was only for so long.

But without the older woman, she was alone. Sam was nowhere in sight and she wasn't sure if she had the courage to go to the director for company. She just had to find something to occupy herself whilst she waited.

She pulled out a breakfast bar from her desk and began to eat. Hoping this will give her the needed energy for the next few hours. Mentally noting in her head she'd have to eat a few for that to be a possibility.

Sam suddenly appeared beside her. Arm leaning on the desk, propping himself up with a devilish grin.

"You come here often?”

She let out a small laugh.  “Well, I work here - so I think I’d have to say yes.”

He didn't laugh. A small blush coming to his cheeks in embarrassment at his bad pick up line.

"So, you hungry? I got a whole stash of these bars."

She wiggled the bar at him, opening the draw to reveal the massive stash. Revealing it as if it was a precious treasure.

"I'm good, I came over here to talk."

"Oh! Then talk away, it's been a while."

Nothing felt more awkward than right now. She couldn't really think of what to say and hoped he had a good topic. As much as she cared for him he was still annoying sometimes, she didn't want to be involved in another conversation that left her annoyed her uncomfortable.

“If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.”

She let out another laugh, heat rising to her cheeks. Eyes going to the distance as she tried to push down her slight discomfort. (Y/N) was used to friendly flirting - Zen would do it constantly but this seemed genuine.

The woman scratched her hand, wanting to keep the mood light-hearted so then he'd get the message she wasn't interested.

"That's cute..."

He took this as a good signal. She was laughing and called it cute. He was growing more confident by the second.

“you always talk about cheap deals so I have to know, did you get those pants for 50% of? Because at my place, they’d be 100% off.”

It went from cute to sexual in seconds. She felt her whole body freeze. She wouldn't mind the cutes as it kept the air light but he obviously had different plans.

"That's not very appropriate, we're at work."

"Don't worry, it's our break! We can be unprofessional."