day 65

"Director Han, it is great to see you! It's been so long since our last meeting."

Truly, the distance between their first meeting and now has been long. So much has changed in his life during that time period that he couldn't even fully grasp it himself. But this is what all the waiting was for, this very trip.

Before the break was decided he planned for this trip to be something more romantic. Slipping away from the guests and embracing under the moonlight.

He started to regret watching all those romantic movies.

"Yes, congratulations on the marriage." He raised his drink to them, a fake small smile on his face.

"The more time I spend with him the more I'm starting to think I should have married you! HAHA, I'M KIDDING!"

She harked out an obnoxious laugh. Gripping at her new husband's arm as she flapped her hand, dismissing her words.

Jumin could feel his mood sour; he already was at unease knowing (Y/N) was alone in their room instead of at his side. He hated not having her close by - was it possessiveness? Fear? The need for her comforting presence? It was a mystery to him. He just needed her. He couldn't stand the woman around him.

"I'm unavailable so the attempt would have been futile regardless."

It wasn't a complete lie.

"Mr CEO is unavailable?! Do tell us more! This is a honeymoon surprise!"

"What is he like? Is he as handsome as you?" She eagerly asked, suspicious excitement for a straight woman.

"I'm not gay, while I have nothing wrong with that kind of relationship I, myself, am very straight."

"She's only joking~ who is this mystery woman?"

"She's a mystery, that's all I can say, I make a great deal to keep her life and identify private."

That wasn't a lie. When he messed up his security guards and assistant Kang always have his back. Keeping her a curious enigma from the public. He couldn't afford the press getting their hands on her.

"What a shame, I was hoping you'd be with that little assistant of yours!"

'if only you knew- play dumb, Jumin, now's not the time to get smug'

"Me and assistant Kang have an extremely professional-"

"Not that one! The (H/C) one! Really hot with the nice breasts."

The male host mimicked the size of said woman's chest, a disgusting look on his face. Jumin's grip on his glass tightened; he was sure it'd smash if he didn't collect himself soon.

"If that's how you'll be discussing my employee then I will have to cut this meeting short-"

He pressed a finger to his earpiece, locking eyes with the other male. Jaw clenched as he tried to hold back his emotions.

"Kim? Yes, I'd like to-"

"Kidding! Kidding! You just got here! No need to leave so soon~"

"Cancel that, Kim, my apologies."

"Good afternoon, is there something I've missed?"

Suddenly, the very woman they discussing appeared. A curious look on her face as she kept her hands behind back. The woman didn't know exactly what they were discussing, other than hand movements but it didn't take a genius to know it was something vulgar.

"Assistant (L/N), what timing, we weren't discussing anything of-"

Jumin immediately stopped in his tracks, mid-turn to look at you. His eyes trailed up and down as he took in the angelic sight of her in a summer dress. A law cut ruffled collar hanging off her shoulders. He skipped over the revealed bra traps and put his focused on the outfit as a whole.

The female host leaned off her husband and beckoned the other woman closer. Her smile grimaced as her finger zig-zagged at the attire.

"Oh! That dress is so charming! Did you get from a charity shop?"

"I actually bought it at Tibaeg, charming store indeed."

(Y/N) grinned, brushing a delicate hand over the collar. It was a lie. A big obvious lie especially if you knew her. She was never going to wear some designer dress - she couldn't afford it!

The CEO was amused at the lie, noticing a clothing tag at the back. He raised a hand and placed it on her back, keeping his eyes on the hosts.

"As you both know, this is my assistant and she will be with us as a seer on this trip."

A quick strong yank caught the woman's attention. (E/C) eyes flickering over to see him gripping something in his hand. Effortlessly placing it in his blazer pocket without drawing attention to himself. (Y/N) mentally sighed in relief, embarrassed at her forgetfulness.

The discussion didn't last long after that, the guests all coming to get their greeting from the newlyweds. Leaving the two to sink into the growing crowd and avoid more awkward conversations.

Hours went by as they drowned themselves in alcohol and forcing smiles. It felt more like a party than a business meeting. Something neither of them signed up for or wanted.

But the business was business. They still had people come up and start discussing deals and partnerships. It seemed I'd be impossible to leave the crowd of social butterflies.

Luck was on their side at the strike of 11 pm; the guests were all too boozed up to even pay attention to who was leaving or arriving. As the host was announcing his thanks, Jumin and (Y/N) gave each other a silent look.

Finally, it was an opening to leave.

As they walked back to their room, the black-haired male pulled out something from his pocket. Holding it up between two fingers, handing it over to her.

"Your tag, remove them before trying to lie to the hosts."

"Ah! Hahaha, I'm lucky to of gotten away with it."

She hastily took it and placed it in the nearest bin. Unable to stop the small giggles escaping her.

"Yes, but who's surprised at your luck?"

No one was at this point. Perhaps it was the universe's way of fixing their evil deeds. Amazing luck at the cost of bad mental health and troubling home life. Yes, a cruel deal on the universe's behalf but hey, at least she's got a stable income.

"I'm glad to see you coping well today, I hope staying in for the morning was enough to recover."

"I'm still not as best as I could be but having some private time was very much needed, they have fancy soaps!"

"Things will stop being fancy if you have more trips like this."

"Never, I know my roots."

They stopped right outside their room. Finally looking at each other in the eye.

"Good, don't ever forget them." He smiled, Patting her shoulder.