CHAPTER 92

|Mount Justice
|December 27 2010, 17:07

"Catgirl B-0-0"

"Katherine!" M'gann flew towards her for a hug.

"Don't." Katherine warned, pulling her gun on what she now thought was a suspiciously over-cheerful person.

Why was M'gann always so cheery and upbeat- a trick to try and get closer with people?

She didn't have time to think about it, The Light might already know Felix gave a clue.

"Hey!" Connor shouted at her, ready to fight.

Katherine scoffed at the confused aliens in front of her and walked around them to the computer where Robin hadn't even flinched at the gun.

By now he'd somewhat gotten used to her threats.

"Figured you disappeared on Christmas to spend time with your loved ones. Was it really so bad?" He calmly asked, stating he knew she was with Calico, without alerting any of the others and revealing the secret that would ruin her.

"Yes." Katherine glanced over her shoulder at Connor, who M'gann was desperately trying to hold back.

"Mhm." Robin kept his eyes on the screen. 

He was typing up what looked like... a school essay? 

Katherine wasn't sure, but he seemed a lot more focused on that than the anger boiling in their teammates behind them.

"Did they get you anything exciting?" He wondered.

"You could say that." Katherine anxiously shifted, "But that's why I'm here. I need to talk with The Justice League."

"The League?" Robin looked up from his work at her concerned, "What exactly did they give you for Christmas?"

"Information." Katherine kept herself together, "I need you to contact The Justice League and tell them to meet me as soon as possible."

Connor scoffed, "The Justice League aren't going to waste time-"

"They will if the world depends on it." Katherine cut off the half-kryptonian, "I need to tell them everything, before it's too late."

"Katherine.." Robin got out of his chair, now clearly worried, "What did he tell you?"

"I can't tell anyone on the team." She glanced at M'gann, "I just need you to trust me and go back to that computer to call an emergency meeting."

"The Justice League won't listen-"

Katherine nodded, "Which is why I'm asking Robin to say Batman put out the alert for the emergency meeting." She pulled something out of her pocket, "By hacking into this." She held up the stolen device.

Robin's eyes widened. "That's Batman's communicator.."

"He's got plenty, he won't notice it's-"

"He will definitely notice it's missing, and I'll get the blame!" Robin panicked, "Are you insane?! He'll kill me for stealing it! Katherine!"

"Don't worry, I stole it." Katherine put it in his hands, "You're just hacking it and tricking The Justice League to come to The Watchtower. Trust me, it's for the greater good, he can't be mad."

Robin looked at her, his mouth open but words failing to come out.

"Come on Birdy, I can't save the world on my own." Katherine weakly smiled, hoping he'd give into the old nickname- and the thought of the world potentially ending if he didn't.