CHAPTER 3

| Gotham City
|July 1 2010, 01:03

Katherine felt lost. She didn't know who, or what, she was anymore. She'd been like that for months, ever since she came back from the dead.

When it came to her death, Katherine only knew what was on the news. She didn't know much on the circumstances of her death, but according to The Daily Planet, she'd started a riot at Belle Reve. At some point during it, Catwoman had shot her in the head. After that her body was cremated, but if that was true she wouldn't be here.

Nobody else knew that though.

When she came back to life, Katherine soon realised her memories had gone- roughly 2 years of memories, just gone.

Losing memory after resurrection was normal, but not that much.

That's when Katherine checked up on what she did during those two years, and discovered her worst fear had become reality: she'd went feral.

The reason she couldn't remember what she did was because she wasn't herself.

She was a monster.

After finding out all the horrible things she did, Katherine wished she didn't wake up in that alley at all- that her cremation wasn't a fake, and she really did get destroyed. The only thing keeping her going now was why- why was she still here?

There must- had to be a reason.

If she was cremated she'd be dead for real, but for some reason she woke up in Gotham City, alive. For some reason she was getting another chance at life, and she wasn't going to screw it up like her last 2.

This time around Katherine wasn't wasn't going to waste it like...her previous lives..

Infact her first life wasn't all a waste at all, it just sucked. To begin with she had a loving family: her big brother, Felix. He protected her and would've done anything to keep her safe. To Katherine it seemed like any other night; they were stealing from a museum, The GCPD were alerted to them, then arrived and tried to catch them. They were prepared for a chase. The chase was the best part of it all...but the cops didn't have the same idea.

Not that time.

Despite Katherine and Felix both being under 18, the cops came in, guns blazing, taking the 3 cat burglars by surprise. Selina fled. Felix and Katherine were left to fend for themselves, but even with their powers and skillset, they couldn't dodge all the bullets.

Felix acted as a shield and stopped most of them from hitting Katherine, but eventually he couldn't protect her anymore, and they were both gunned down.

Like all her past lives, Katherine never remembered her death itself, just the painful realisation her brother wasn't with her when woke up. He was never given the power of 9 lives like Katherine, so he didn't come back from the gunshots.

It was the moment Katherine started to go down a dark path, and begin to live up to the reputation of the villain lifestyle she'd been forced to live prior to that point.

The second time she died was a few years later, and by then she was a fully-fledged supervillain. Her motivation was revenge, and it was fueled by anger.

She'd set her goal to killing the commissioner of The GCPD, the man who was responsible for taking the only good thing in her life, and she did.

It was around then superheroes had started claiming their cities, and Gotham got The Dark Knight; The Batman- but instead of locking her up like the other villains, he claimed to still see hope in Katherine, but by the time he could do anything to save her she'd already given up fighting.