9

Harry sighed softly as he rubbed his hands along his suit pants, despite having been on stage quite a lot he still found himself feeling just as nervous as if it were the first time. Who could blame him, he was the face of the band and his members were counting on him. This time was different, though. Tonight he would be playing new songs and show the world a new side of him that most people didn't know, all because of a certain ginger that had threatened to turn his life upside down and had managed to succeed.

He was glad that he had found Amelia because while he got to know her, he discovered pieces of himself that he thought long dead, pieces he didn't know were there to begin with. She was without a doubt, the best part of him and the one who brought up the best in him. The boy knew he was not, by all means, a good person - he was still trying to make a shapeshift of himself based on others but he was trying his best to be the person his heart wants him to be.

He wanted to be better, for her. He wanted to be worthy of her. He wanted her to be proud of him and to call him 'hers'. Harry knew his world shouldn't spin around someone, but Amelia was as bright as the sun and he wasn't afraid to get burnt.

''You don't have to look so nervous.'' A female voice filled the air as Harry looked to the side and found Lizzie's eyes. ''We're going to do great.'' She reassured him.

''I don't think that's why he's nervous.'' Sebastian chuckled, holding Lizzie on his lap as he took a sip of his drink. ''He invited Amelia to come to the gig.''

''Sweet, I'll finally get to meet the girl who hasn't jumped inside Harry's pants yet, it's a worldwide record for the female population.'' Stated Aidan while he chuckled, making Harry groan to himself as he shook his head at his fellow member.

''Wait, you really haven't fucked her yet?'' Charlotte joined in after placing her beer down, raising her eyebrows. ''Now I'm the one who's interested.''

Harry huffed as he threw his head back. ''Keep that vagina of yours away from Amelia.'' The boy chuckled playfully at Charlotte, while she batted her eyelashes at him in a playful teasing manner.

''Can't promise anything.''

Harry huffed out a laugh as he relaxed in his seat, running a hand quietly through his hair as his friends began engaging in conversations of their own. He looked around the pub, noticing how people were gathering but no auburn curls caught his view. He wanted to see her and to hold her before going up on stage, he wanted to make sure she'd be there once he started, and that she could hear what her melody sounded like to him.

''Harry?'' A soft voice echoed.

He turned around, meeting Lizzie. ''Yeah?''

''Don't be nervous, I'm sure she will love the songs you wrote, I promise.'' She told him with a warm smile, placing his hand over his curls and gently patting his head.

''What if I scare her? The song isn't necessarily superficial, it's very personal and deep. What if it scares her once she realizes this is very much real? I don't want her to run away from me.'' He confessed, somehow comforted by his friends touch but still very much nervous.

''She would be crazy if she ran away from you. She's very lucky, Harry. And I'm sure she knows it.'' Lizzie smiled at him, playing with a curl around her index finger as his green eyes softened. ''You're more of a good person that you give yourself credit for. Amelia is going to be more than just head over heels after she listens to you tonight.''

Harry really hoped so, he hoped she wouldn't be afraid of how deep his emotions ran or how strong his feelings were becoming. He didn't even know they were able to be this deep but he was fairly pleased that they did. For once, Harry felt like he belonged, like he had someone to go home to, someone who would care for him when the weight of the world got too heavy on his shoulders, someone who would comfort him when he wasn't feeling his best, someone who would advise him and get mad at him when he didn't do the right thing, someone who wouldn't leave him and someone who would be able to love every broken part of him.