4

''So, you and Harry, uh?'' Clara inquired, laying down over Amelia's bed while keeping her legs up to keep herself entertained as they talked.

''What about it?'' The ginger mused, tilting her head to the side as she looked at herself in the mirror, deciding that those jeans wouldn't make her look any good at the upcoming party, taking them off and discarding them somewhere on the floor.

''Nothing, nothing.'' She defended herself, making Amelia raise an eyebrow at her through the mirror, to which Clara chuckled. ''It's just that you've never really been interested in a guy before. And now that Harry came along, you look as if you are shinning as bright as the sun.''

Amelia rolled her eyes at her soulmate while going through her wardrobe to search for some piece of clothing that would make her look good, despite such a thing not being needed since the ginger was, in herself, a beautiful young girl.

''I'm not interested in him.'' She declared, hoping the issue would be forgotten, but such effort was in vain, knowing her friend too well to know that she would eventually get what se wanted.

''Oh yeah, totally not interested, just spending two hours looking around her own wardrobe to pick a nice outfit to attend a party which Harry is also attending.''

''So what if he's also going? It doesn't mean anything.''

''Amelia, you never care about what you wear, much less to a party, you've gone out in your pajamas more than once, and they had lemons and bananas printed on them!''

''Excuse me miss, for trying to be more feminine.''

She was such an outgoing person and was always so out of place while belonging in varieties of groups, she never once cared about little things such as her appearance. Clara was right, maybe Amelia was trying to prove a point to herself. But what point that was, she had still to figure out.

After her talk with Harry, things had been comfortable between them despite not seeing much of each other due to their personal lives. Somehow, they still found time to run into each other at unexpected times, just like at the coffee shop down the street from campus, in which he asked her if she was going to a party later that week. Her first instinct was to say no but her body prevented her from saying it, the idea of being able to be next to him for more than five minutes lit up a fire inside her belly.

And there she stood. Unable to decide what to wear, wanting to go in a comfortable outfit but still wanting to leave an impression on the curly haired boy. Gosh, it was so hard for her to understand why she wanted his approval but it was inevitable, her body longed for his touch. She had to protect herself from her own desires. Her heart was so vulnerable and so easy to shatter, all the light and darkness inside it being so appealing to the naked eye.

She opted for a baby pink blouse and a tight leather skirt with some black shorts hidden underneath so she would feel more comfortable. She tied up the first few strands of hair around the back of her head, her curls accentuating more of her pale features, light tones of makeup covering her face aside from a red matte lipstick that seemed to be able to suck the soul out of anyone who got in her way.

''I think the only thing you should be sorry for is for making Harry's dick hard tonight.''

Amelia's eyes snapped open at the boldness of her little soulmate, shaking her head.

''That's not going to happen.'' She told her, somewhat hoping that it wouldn't, while other part of her screamed and begged desperately for it.

As they left Amelia's apartment, she couldn't help but wonder if she would risk losing herself so she could find out who she was when she was with him. It was a question that didn't have an answer – at least not yet – and she was eager to find out. How much more honest would he make her be, and how much alive would she make him feel in return?