13

As Harry made his way home, the consequences of his actions hit him like a brick. Had he really called himself Amelia's boyfriend? Especially without asking her first? Did she even want him to be? Sweety fucky Jesus, Harry was screwed, he was sure he was. In all honesty, he just hoped he hadn't scared her away or embarrassed her.

However, he couldn't deny that the word rolled off his tongue so easily as if what he said was true. Perhaps Harry truly wanted it to be, for the first time in forever maybe he was ready to let himself fall deep enough without caring about reaching its end.

But that Professor Jasper sure was something else, he was so young to be a college student. Hell, why did he have a private class with Amelia at a cafe once? God, that guy would surely be a pain in the ass know that Harry knew him.

He perked up, however, when his phone rang and he clumsily searched through his pocket before answering it, putting it on speaker over his leg so he could still drive with both hands.

''Hello?''

''Harry Styles?''

And Harry could not believe the power a single phone call could have.

Amelia tried to ignore what her teacher had said, in all fairness, he didn't have the right to be so unprofessional and friendly towards her, especially when it came to her private life. Even so, his words kept playing in her head for the longest time and the ginger only got more confused. She had no idea what he meant and hopefully that was a good thing, maybe her not understanding its meaning represented that it was no actual threat.

Besides, she would never believe that Harry would be the reason of her misfortune because she knew even without him telling her, just how much he cared and wanted to cherish her. No matter what demons from his past might make an appearance, or ones of her own, their ignorance would be a sweet bliss and they would overcome it together- because that's what people do.

A person doesn't particularly need someone else, Amelia believed that she was no damsel in distress and ought never to be. She was a strong person with flaws of her own and she could overcome anything that tried to stand in her way, no matter how difficult or how hard it would be. But being strong doesn't mean having to do everything on your own. Usually people are strong not only for themselves but for the people around them.

The sense of protection, the need to make sure their loved ones are safe and sound makes the flesh of a heart become pure iron. Iron so strong that not even the world's strongest acid would be able to melt, so strong that it would be able to take the whole world on just to keep their loved ones safe; so, so strong because they had to be strong for the ones they were protecting. No matter the sweat, the tears, the wounds or the regrets, at the end of the day everything would be worth it if a smile was shown their way.

Amelia believed that with all of her heart. Harry was a person she wanted to protect and she would do everything in her power to make sure no harm came his way, even if she got wounded during the endless fights and towards the final battle. Only because he was worth it, he was her person. The one who spiked her creativity and gave her heart another reason to keep on beating. He was the son of a storm and Amelia the daughter of the sea, both meeting at awful times in their lives but always being needed to one another, balancing each other throughout their dreams.

As she went home, she wondered if she should call him and tease him due to the little encounter with her professor earlier, possibly even ask what he meant when he called himself her boyfriend. Between thoughts and chuckles, she dialed his number through the night. It rang, and rang. It rang, and rang. It rang, and rang.