23

After getting cleaned up and dressed, Amelia felt her heart swell even more for her lover, a gentle smile tugging at her lips as they finished tidying up Harry's desk.

''Do you still have to work?'' She asked, in her heart hoping that he could stay with her for the rest of the day.

His eyes held sympathy for the ginger, but he was forced to shake his head.

''Yes, I still have a lot of things to do.'' As soon as he said those words, Harry regretted them. He had noticed it on her features, how she tried to hide her disappointment and sadness, and Harry swore he hated himself at that moment for making his girl show that sort of expression. ''But, I promise to finish it all up before dinner, so we can have the full evening and night to ourselves, what do you say?''

Instantly, those almond eyes of her lit up and a content grin was plastered over her features.

''I will take you up on that.'' She chuckled. Harry felt relieved, seeing the ginger smile made all of his worries dissipate.

Leaning closer, his lips brushed over hers, a low growl emitting from his chest as the boy wrapped an arm around her waist and pulling her closer. The scent of her arousal was still evident in the air, and Harry hoped to dear Moon Goddess that no other would dare to intoxicate themselves with his lover's scent. Even if they tried, Harry's scent was all over her –claiming her – and keeping unwanted and unmated Magum Noctis away from Amelia.

''That scent of yours is going to drive me crazy one day.'' He whispered, watching how her eyes almost fell shut and the quiver of her thighs didn't go unnoticed by him.

''Would that be so bad?'' Was her calm reply, her eyelashes fluttering against her cheeks, her vision clouded by the vision of green orbs.

''Once I mark you, there will be no escape for you, little one.''

Those words were enough to lit up a fire inside of her tummy once more. She didn't understand why – because those words were almost like a threat – and yet, she felt so compelled, treasured and mostly loved, that she could no longer fear for her safety.

''I will still find ways to run away from you and keep you entertained.'' She whispered against the plumpness of his lips, her smirk evident and amused as she pulled away and left the office with no further interaction, leaving Harry shirtless and pleased in the middle of the room.

Harry felt confused, however. There was so much knowledge he seemed to know, so many things about Adene and its creatures that were too familiar to him. The boy found himself wondering if he had read about it in those many books that he was forced to read but he could never remember a book with such information. And worst of all, something was arriving to the Flare Tribe and he could sense it – something told him that, whatever it was, it wasn't good news.

Walking back to the room she was in and knowing for a fact that Eros was completely displeased with her disappearance – also aware that he probably knew what she and Harry had been doing – made her slightly uneasy. She sighed, running her hand through her now messy curls, biting down on her bottom lip.

''Your Highness.''

Amelia gasped, turning around at the sudden voice that rippled through the silence that surrounded her. The girl was able to relax, however, when she noticed that it was no other that Aloysius, who was happily smiling down at her. She chuckled, bringing her hand to her chest to calm her beating heart.

''You scared me.'' The ginger laughed quietly, while she took notice of his fluffy tails waggling happily behind his frame. He was more than happy to see her, apparently.