26

Harry's heart turned to stone. Nothing could have prepared him to deal with what Adrian had said. He knew he wasn't prepared for whatever it is that was going to happen, but he never believed he would be caught in surprise by the strange way that things were unfolding. Things were always wrong and time seemed to be against him in every step of the way. Battling with an unknown force was like trying to swim against a tsunami that craved to destroy everything in its path, and Harry was getting out of breath.

      Something was always one step ahead of him, always watching and striking at the worst time possible. His lover, now torn between two destined partners, was now being more threatened than ever. Harry could no longer think straight, could no longer keep his head held high as if everything was going according to his plan, because it wasn't. Just now, he had awakened, and he knew that would only bring more trouble at his door.

       That feeling of uneasiness was leaving a bad taste over his tongue and he could feel himself getting sick. But his resolve to get through it was bigger and stronger than a small defeat. His resolve consisted of a smile. That one and only smile, made just for him. The way that her lips curled at the sides and her upper lip would slightly hide itself as her teeth made an appearance, how her eyes would wrinkle at the sides and her cheeks would get swollen from how much happiness she felt. Happiness that Harry wanted to cherish, his lovely and carefree smiling Amelia.

       No matter who he went against – or what – he would always fight it with every inch of flesh and bone in his body, to protect her smile and the goodness that was her soul. Nothing else mattered, not his title, not the kingdom, not the people. Harry was not virtuous enough to sacrifice her for the world, instead, he would murder every single person in the whole universe, for her.

       ''Purple?'' Harry asked calmly, his posture still as unmoving as the mountains under a hurricane. ''Did she have the Magum Noctis symbol?''

       ''Yes.'' The white-haired boy replied, tilting his head to the side.

       So, it truly was the woman from his dreams, the one which haunted him every single month of the year and suddenly disappeared from his memory in a hazy daze. There was no time for stupid questions, there was only one possible answer.

       ''She's still alive, then.'' Came Harry's conclusion.

       Adrian, on one hand, was confused with his insinuation.

       ''Alive?''

       ''Of course.'' He sighed, bringing his fingers to his chin while in deep thought. ''That happened years ago, but you vividly remember her despite not quite remembering the incident in itself. She bears the Magum Noctis symbol and she is a Phoenix on top of it all, she is a powerful creature who could have easily erased herself from your memory using a single word, yet she chose to make the memories of the events hazy, but not herself.'' He continued calmly, his eyes flickering between emerald green and a bright shade of sickening red. ''She is alive, and she was waiting for this moment.''

       The younger Alpha simply watched his love rival go over the facts that he, himself, didn't care about going through. To him, his childhood memory had always been quite hazy and not to be trusted, but Harry was right, the woman's face was clear in his head, her eyes the most haunting the boy had ever seen. Indeed, she could have used magic on him, but she chose not to do so. The question remaining was why.

       ''Why do you think she didn't erase my memory?''

       ''Are you familiar with the human world, Adrian?''

       ''I can't say I am, it's a world outside of our own and not under our rule, it's a world that we shouldn't get tangled up with, so I choose to stay away so I don't get tempted.'' Was his honest reply, not minding what Harry could think of him because of his sincere words.