24

In the midst of her confusion, a pang in her heart was felt. A pang so strong that it physically almost made her knees buckle and her body was barely able to stay upright. Something didn't feel right, perhaps it never actually did. The whole fantasy and love that Adene conceived, was nothing more than a spell cast to those who were ignorant enough not to notice what was coming. And Amelia was one of those - she did not know what was coming, she could only feel it. And it shivered through her whole spine.

Harry watched her carefully. In his head, he wondered what could possibly be arriving and what things it would stir up, but his prime concern - was the girl holding his arm for dear life. For once, he had a reason to live and someone to protect, someone to care for, and someone whom he would die for. His little Amelia, possibly the love of his life and the person who was destined just for - was barely holding on in this world. Destiny was ever so cruel, giving him the happiness he never thought he would achieve but giving him the uttermost consequence that was losing her.

Aloysius watched both of his masters carefully, his mind spinning between what could possibly happen, until something was uncovered.

''There is a guest coming to the palace.''

Harry perked up.

''A guest?''

''Yes, a member of the Towall tribe. I heard Fay talking about it earlier today.''

''Were you spying?'' Amelia let out a soft chuckle, to which Aloysius smiled softly.

As said once before, Aloysius was a creature born of a rose's thorn, meaning he was a creature lingering in the wilderness of nature, and inevitably, connected to Amelia due to her being a Phoenix. The connection was merely a loyal form of bond, something which was hard to break and maybe even impossible. He bore no romantic feeling towards his Queen, but he was devoted to her. His life was created in order to keep her safe and to die in her stead.

''My Queen, I am your eyes and ears.'' He smiled fondly.

The boy watched his mate and his servant with a calm and serene expression. Something inside of him told him Aloysius was to be trusted, and that he would take the best care of Amelia and would ensure her happiness. Any feelings of jealousy or worry dissipated as she took in the gentle connection in front of him, slowly wrapping his arm around the ginger's small waist and rubbing her hip with his large palm.

''Your Highness, perhaps, we should be prepared for any coming attack.'' Aloysius told his Alpha with a gentle bow of his head, showing his respect.

Harry, bowed his head equally, a sign of his assurance and trust for the creature. Something was inevitably going to go wrong, and Harry was unaware of how badly it could affect his upcoming reign or even his ties with the people closest to him. He could only hope, deep in his heart, that he would be strong enough to deal and overcome whatever it might be.

''Amelia, dear.'' Harry cooed his lover, looking down at her and placing his hand on her head, playing with some wild curls. ''How about you ask Eros to help you get dressed up, since we're going to have a guest over?''

''Why would I get dressed up?''

''Because it will be your first appearance to someone from another tribe. Consider it as getting to know the uncles of your husband.'' He smiled, playing with her curls while Amelia's cheeks grew slightly flustered.

''Fine, but I'll only dress up for you.''

''I didn't expect less from my non-obedient little thing.'' The little dragon flowing around their heads disappeared, and in a second they were no longer hidden and were standing over the beautiful crystal-like flowers once more. ''Aloysius, please escort Amelia back into the castle.''