22

Attention: 

This chapter is not safe for work and is recommended for those of the age 16 or older. Be prepared for 6k words.

Days had gone past. Amelia and Harry were stuck inside the castle while Harry learnt of his duties to the Flare Tribe. Most of his job consisted in paperwork and defense, having to ensure the safety of the tribe and, once he was crowned, Adene itself. Amelia knew how tiresome such tasks were for him, but as he learnt about his world he became attached and fell in love with its people and the mysteries behind it. 

The people of Adene would soon become his, and Harry wanted to be part of them instead of simply ruling them. He wanted to engage with them and discover new paths to make their lives easier, to be a good ruler who understood his people.

And Harry was becoming just that. The ginger had never heard of the Alpha again, and she didn't dare to think about it. It was too dangerous, a single moment of vulnerability could ruin Harry's plan of discovering what was wrong with the people surrounding them and who was after Amelia. She never once even thought of his title, much less the conversation she had had with him. Harry didn't remember a thing, as he had promised. 

Nothing – no single bit of their interaction – haunted his mind and it probably was nothing more than a dream. It didn't bother Amelia, though. She knew that the Alpha was Harry just as much Harry was the Alpha. The once two separate identities now merged into a single one – a single soul.

However, the ginger was bored. She wasn't allowed to wander around the castle alone and Eros was strictly always by her side like a second shadow, making her feel like a bird in a cage. Within a moment of vulnerability, Amelia searched for the red string connecting her to her lover and easily found it, slipping from her chambers without anyone noticing and following the red string back to a part of the castle she wasn't very familiarized with.

''Amelia?'' Harry's voice was heard and she smiled to herself. He knew it was her even before she walked through the door, so there was no point in knocking as she slipped inside the room and closed the door behind her.

''How did you know I was there?'' She chuckled, amused by his instincts.

Her lover was sitting behind a desk with a few books opened over the study, a red gown over his torso, hints of transparency over the fabric and some parts see-through, letting her have a glimpse of his ink adorned body. Black suit pants covered the rest of his body with a golden belt tightly wrapped around his hips.

''I am very familiar with your scent my love.'' He mused her with a smile, getting up from his desk and rounding it, before leaning his mid-section against it, looking at his girl.

''Can you actually smell me?'' Amelia tilted her hear to the side with a goofy smile.

''Yes, Amelia, I can smell you very clearly.''

''Oof, I'm not taking a shower ever again, as payback for leaving me alone.''

Rolling his eyes, Harry smiled. He had missed his lover. Of course, they saw each other at night in their chambers, but it was nothing compared to the conversations and moments they shared together during the day. Motioning for her to come closer, she stepped in as he pressed a kiss to her bare forehead.

''I missed you.''

''I missed you more.''

''Well, I missed your laugh.'' He retaliated.

''And I missed your touch.''

''But I missed your stupidity.''

''Stupidity? Sweetheart all of this  stupidity is needed to be with you.'' She stuck her tongue at him stubbornly and he smirked playfully. ''I missed your face.''