31

Sasuke and Sakura were escorted to the room they were going to stay. It was simple, but it had everything they needed. Bed, a bathroom, new clothes, a window to look at the landscape that was out there...

It felt peaceful.

"It's incredible..." Sasuke said, gaining Sakura's attention.

"What?"

"All this, how far they've come, all the things they went through to get all this..." he said.

"After hearing what happened while we were gone, I can't help but feel guilty. I remember when Naruto and Hinata's kids  were born. They entrusted their lives to us..."

"Things happened Sakura. They understood our position. Nobody knew this would happen. Not even her."

"How do you know?"

"Her eyes. They carry lots of pain, guilt, responsibility. She's grown and matured enough to know the kind of weight she has upon her shoulders."

Then they both heard a strange sound come from their closet. The couple look at each other with confusion and went to check what was in there.

"You think they'll find out?" One voice said.

"If you shut up, they wont!" The other one replied before the closet got opened.

Both kids fell to the ground, screaming in fear.

Sasuke and Sakura looked at them questionably. What were these two kids doing here?

Sasuke noticed that the boy had blue eyes with dark brown hair while the girl was blonde and had dark eyes. "Who are you?"

"Please forgive us! We were just hiding." The girl said while bowing."It was his idea to paint the palace walls!"

"K-KIRA!?!?!?" The boy yelled in panic.

"Kira?" Sakura asked while remembering the names that were mentioned in the meeting before they left. "So you are Zuko, right?"

"Are you stating the obvious old lady?" He hissed as Sakura's eyes twitched.

"Zuko!! That's bad manners!" Kira said while Sasuke sensed his wife dark aura.

"You should apologize." He said to the boy.

"Why? You're an old man too.." he said innocently as Sasuke did his best effort to stay calm.

"Look....kid...Do as I say before things get ugly here."

"Uh....Zuko....you better do as they say..." the girl suggested.

"Yeah Zuko, you better do as we say" Sakura repeated with anger.

"How so? Things cannot get uglier than my mom when she gets angry..."

Then the door bursted open.

"Zuko! Kira! Come with me. Right. Now." Himawari said while showing her Byakugan.

"M-mom!" The boy yelled in fear.

"Aunt!" Kira said.

"Now." She repeated as the two kids obeyed her silently. Sasuke and Sakura were surprised at the whole scene. Himawari said nothing and closed the door.

"Did the boy..." Sakura said.

"Hn. Is her son....Damn...we're old" Sasuke said while processing everything.

*****

The next morning the Uchiha couple went with Himawari around the village. Both kids were grounded and had to clean the mess they did.

"We didn't knew he was your son. I mean, now that we know we see a little bit of Naruto in him." Sakura said with a giggle.

"Kakashi says the same about him. Only that he notices a few details of my mother too."

"Kakashi still lives?" Sasuke asked.

"He's very ill but yes. He still lives. There's not much we can do for him." She said with sadness.

"Maybe I can help." Sakura added.

"You can but I doubt it'll heal him completely. Only you'll delay his moment."

They entered the hospital where a pregnant purple haired girl greeted them.

"Sumire?" Sakura said.

"S-Sakura-san! Sasuke-san! Iwabe told me of your arrival! It's good to see you here." She greeted with a smile.

"Iwabe? Iwabe and you?" Sakura asked.

Yeah, there's a lot to explain" Himawari replied. "Sumire's the head doctor of this hospital. Inojin helps her with the mental health division. This place was created with the help of the Land of Demons and other countries that supported our cause."

"What cause?" Sasuke asked. "This is a peaceful era right?"

"It is....in a certain way." Sumire said.

"Can we see Kakashi?" Himawari asked.

"Inojin's helping him right now. Is at the end of the hallway." Sumire said.

Once we entered the room Sakura and Sasuke stood in shock, seeing how the former Sixth Hokage, their sensei is now having the most difficult fight in his life.

"Aaaaand that's it for today Kakashi. Yeah, you don't remember that much now but you usually loved to read this book. Became the Sixth Hokage, and were the master of team 7 who later on became New legendary Sannin."

"...And...who are you?" He asked in a tired voice.

"My name's Yamanaka Inojin. Son of Sai, your fourth member of Team 7 and Yamanaka Ino. My mother Ino was a member of Asuma's team."

"....Ah..."

"...what..." Sasuke started saying.

"Alzheimer" Sakura said with sadness.

"Now you know..." Himawari said. "Inojin..."

The blonde boy turned around and greeted Himawari. She explained everything to him.

"Well, it might help him remember a few things, but there's not much we can do for him now. Just....just wait for the moment." He said before leaving.

Himawari went to his bed. "Uncle Kakashi? It's me, Himawari. Daughter of Uzumaki Naruto and Hinata."

"Hima....where's Boruto?" He asked.

"He's gone remember?" She said while hiding her pain. "Toneri killed him."

"...Is he still alive?"

"No, I got rid of him. The battle was at Sunagakure. Everyone was there fighting, including you..." she said while taking a big breath. "But that was many years ago. Now I want to show you someone."

She motioned to the couple to come forward.

"These are Sasuke and Sakura Uchiha. Members of your team 7, remember?"

Kalashi looked at the couple blankly for a moment.

"Sakura....Sasuke... That honeymoon journey  fell hard on you. You look old!"