14

"Well that's a surprise" Inojin said as the three of us just found out about Chocho and Mitsuki already having lunch at the restaurant.

"Hima's not the only one allowed to date people. And I'm already a beautiful woman so you shouldn't act like that." Chocho replied in a sassy tone.

"Yeah, yeah, we're just gonna eat some food with Hima since she just got released but somehow my cousin didn't picked her up." Shikadai said while rolling his eyes before earning my glare.

'Oh just go to hell'

"Having trouble denying it?" He replied with a smirk right after we ordered our meals.

"More with deciding if I have to gentle fist your ass or not." I said with an evil smile.

"You don't have to act though Hinawari. The reason Inojin and I brought you here was to protect you from him."

I blinked. "What do you mean?"

"We know he's not the Boruto we know." Inojin explained while crossing his arms. "He's been acting really weird ever since you left the village."

"And after this incident, we discovered a few things about him that aren't quite right." Shikadai continued. "And it might affect you."

"Guys I appreciate your effort but-"

"Hima-chan. You're his sister but we know him ever since we were at the academy. And if we're doing this is not only because you're in danger but because we appreciate you. Now he's already waiting for you at your apartment and we prefer to not give you to him this early and this easily."

"Just spend the rest of the day with us. That's all we're asking you to do." Inojin said. I looked at them in awe, trying to control my tears.

'Should I tell them?'

"I'm so glad to have you guys." I said while lowering my head. "But I assure you, there's nothing wrong with him. I spoke with him this morning, you saw him Shikadai, and he was perfectly fine."

Shikadai and Inojin exchanged looks. Then the young Nara came closer. "Himawari, I know something's wrong. Gaara already knows about it and we're just gathering intel before it gets out of control. You're not alone in this, just trust us.."

"Just let us help you this time, the same way you did when you went to war with us." Inojin finished. "Just tell us what you know and let us help you."

I looked at them for a moment while, thinking of the outcome if I ever tell them what is really happening. What if he gies after them too? What if he manages to hurt Boruto more?

But then again, what if I don't do anything? Will I be able to keep this up? Even with my condition?

***

"My deepest condolences" Sakura said while approaching Hinata who was still crying. They were all giving the honors to remember the first born of the Byakugan Princess and the Seventh Hokage.

"Thank you, Sakura" Hinata replied while trying her best to control herself. The pain was too much for her to handle, but it was even worse for Naruto.

"How is he?"

"He hasn't got out of the house. I'm afraid he might hurt himself out of guilt. Fortunately, Kakashi-sensei's with him."

The Uchiha matriarch watched how the Hyuga clenched her fist and gave her a look of determination. A look that showed the feeling only mother's knew very well.

Both women saw how Uchiha Sasuke approached them, doing his best to pay respect for the loss. "Hinata-san...."

"We have to protect Himawari at all cost. Even if she hasn't healed well, the mere thought that she's around that monster..."

Sasuke immediately knew what she was talking about. "I'll go with you to convince Naruto. We have no time to lose."

"Then we must go find Naruto and assemble at the gates of the village." Sakura said. "I'll talk to Konohamaru and Shikamaru about all of this."

After a while, Hinata entered her house only to find a huge mess. Broken glass, papers, pictures, everything put of it's place.

It was a disaster.

"Something's wrong.." Sasuke said.

"K-Kakashi-sensei? Naruto?" She asked shyly as she activated her Byakugan. Once she spotted her husband she immediately went to the room it was meant to be Naruto's office.

"Naruto-kun!" She said before gasping and coverig her hands. It was obvious that Kakashi and Naruto had a huge hand to gand fight while she was gone.

"Hinata!" Kakashi said.

Naruto lowered his defense state once he spotted his beloved wife. He got down on his knees and bowed to her.
"Hinata, I killed him. I didn't knew, I swear I didn't knew! I killed our son out of hate for what Toneri did to our daughter. Even if you don't want to forgive me, I will still understand. I know that I don't deserve redemption dattebayo!"

"Naruto..." Hinata said while hugging him tightly. "It wasn't your fault, I know it. He made us fall into his trap. It was him, Toneri. Not you..."

"Hinata..." he said while breaking the hug. "How can I live with this? I was supposed to protect out son and yet I killed him. I did it with my own will! And yet, you're so kind to me....Why?"

"Because we have one beautiful daughter out there to protect."

"Hinata's right" Sasuke said. "Himawari's been out there at Suna with the rest of her friends and who we thought it was Boruto. Sakura's talking to Konohamaru and Shikamaru to settle things down between the villages."

"Then we have no time to lose." Kakashi said. "Is a matter of time before he does something to Himawari and the rest of the kids."

"B-But Himawari doesn't know. Once she does..." Naruto said.

"It'll be hurtful" Hinata said. "Maybe she'll have an episode for which she'll never heal, but....but it's like you've always said. You never go back on your word, and I never did that. Not before, and not now."

Naruto watched at his wife in awe and remembered why he married her in the first place. Then his look changed as he stood up.

"You're right Hinata. Forgive me for that. I'll never give none of my sons up. Now let's finishe some bussiness dattebayo!"