22

Four years.

The last time I saw them and heard their voices was four years ago.

And now thanks to someone who placed a strange poison in their bowls of ramen, they died instantly. Which is stupid.

‘Well, at least they didn’t suffered that much. Plus, my father's weakness was ramen, and mother out of love wouldn't say no to him. But...'

“Why?” I murmured while staring at the ceiling of my room. I haven’t eaten or got out of here for weeks. "It should've been me...."

Sometimes Konan knocks the door and says something to try to cheer me up before leaving the meal of the day. He even sent some servants to bathe and take care of my room because he knows I wouldn’t do that by myself.

Aunt Sakura and uncle Sasuke left the village 2 years before the incident so there wasn’t any way of saving them when it happened. But that horrific death unleashed the greatest fear every elder of Konoha hid for many years.

The Nine Tails got released.

Obviously Kurama was angry for what happened and for all the stuff that was happening currently. His sudden appearance made everyone scream in fear as the village got destroyed.

And the difference was that the current shinobis of the Hidden Leaf, didn’t made a single effort to defend and protect the people.

And now, the Village of the Hidden Leaf no longer existed.

The news spread fast enough and the rest of the Five Nations entered in a civil war. I don’t know the exact status of all the commotion, but rumors said that a small part of the villagers didn’t wanted to be part of all the destruction so they left.

“Himawari-sama, it’s me again” Konan said from the other side of the door. “Someone has come to visit you.”

“The ones I love are gone. Nobody should visit me unless they want to kill me. Then I’ll be glad to let them in.” I said from my bed.

“It’s alright to say that, but you must come out. This visit has come from far away.” He insisted.

“The Land of Demons is far away from many lands Konan. Just cut it out and let me be.” I said before everything got silence. Then I heard the door open up and the next thing I knew was that he was carrying me to the lobby where the visit was.

“What the hell put me down dattebane!” I yelled while struggling to break free but I was so weak due to not eating.

He kept on carrying my and ignored my demands.

“You’re lucky the servants bathe you and gave you clean clothes. And you’ll thank me later for all this.” He said as he put me down once he stopped.

“The hell just happened to you Konan! I said I don’t wanted to meet anyone unless they wanted to kill me!”

“Could you just turn around?”

“Why the hell would I do that?!”

He sighed in frustration “Just do it already!”

“No!” I yelled as he used his arms against me and turned me around by force. “Konan Don’t make me loo-“

My heart skipped a beat at that moment as I stared at the visit in shock. “S-s-s-sss-s-s…” I tried to say but my entire mind and body betrayed me. I felt as if I was frozen in time. He looked at me with wide eyes, those stoic eyes that only warmed up to me.

“I didn’t knew it was this bad.” He said to Konan, snapping me back to reality.

“Well she hasn’t been very cooperative. So I’ll leave her to you while I arrange the room for you to stay.” He said while leaving me alone with him.

“Stay?” I said to Konan but he already left. Then I turned to Shinki in an awkward way.

“Your hair’s way longer than I remember” he said while I lowered my head with shyness.

“Thanks.” I replied. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to see you. I was worried about you.”

“I’m fine” I said as I tried to walk away. “You have to take care of the village. You’re more needed there than here.”

Suddenly I felt his arm grab mine. “I’m no longer the Kazekage. The Sand Village doesn’t exist anymore.”

“What? How it happened?” I asked as he looked away in sadness. “Shinki what exactly happened to the city, the Five Nations, to your family?”

“I-I prefer to not talk about it.”

“You have to. There’s people we love that are out there. I deserve to know what happened to them after…..the incident.” I said.

He turned around and sat on the stairs of the main entrance of the palace before staring at the sunset. I sat beside him in silence. Or was it fear what I was feeling?

“After the Nine Tails destroyed the village, he disappeared. He was nowhere to be seen and the Five Nations became crazy. There were many protesters, many people who wanted to join forces to kill them all. But there where others who understood the importance of the legacy your father left in this world, and they were up to follow it no matter what it takes. That unleashed many battles between the people and former shinobis. Everything was madness.”

I tried to not cry in front of him. “And how did you get out?”

“The council managed to create a weapon that would destroy the entire village without my authorization. Once I knew about it, it was too late and I had minutes to save the people. Father and uncle Kankuro tried to help me evacuate the civilians. Once I got out to the dunes with some survivors I waited for them to arrive….but I only saw how the city exploded from below the ground, followed by a huge wave of sand. There were only 150 survivors at the dunes.”

He tried to wipe away his tears. “At least I managed to lock the council at their office before leaving. Those bastards deserved to die anyway.”

I couldn’t help but to hug him tightly. “I’m so sorry for all of this. It’s…It’s my fault.”

I watched him stand up and face me with his usual stoik stare. “We’re staying at the forest, 500 meters far away from here. We don’t want to cause any trouble and I don’t want you force yourself to be with me and the people who made you suffer. I hope you understand this.”

And with that he left.