Everything's my fault

Eric's: POV

I woke up in the middle of the night, by someone was in my room. I lit the lamp and saw Adam. He was holding a knife in his hand. I looked scared at him.

"Adam, what are you doing?" I asked. "I'm so sorry, Eric." he said and ran out from the room. "Wait." I replied and ran after him. I saw him running down towards the beach. I came down to the beach, but I couldn't see him. "Adam, where are you?" I called. I got no reply back.

I looked out at the sea and saw foam on the water. I started going back, when I saw a book lying on the ground. I picked up the book and saw that it was about the little mermaid. Melody's favorite fairytale. I read a chapter and my heart broke.

The prince fell in love with another woman and married her. Her sisters gave her a knife, so she could kill the prince and get her tail back. But she couldn't take the prince's life. Instead she threw herself overboard and became foam. Then she became an angel and got a soul.

I fell down on my knees and tears were rolling down my cheeks. He thought I'd leave him for Felix. Adam had killed himself, because he didn't have the stomach to kill me. Everything's my fault. I knew how much he loved the sea. He didn't liked being human. Now he's dead and I'll never see him again.

***

I was on my way back to the house when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Adam. I couldn't believe my eyes. I ran into the water and hugged him. I couldn't stop crying. I thought I would never see him again.

"You're here." I said. "The angels gave me a soul." replied Adam. "Are you an angel?" I asked. "I'm human." he said. "What about the sea, your home?" I asked. He went out into the water and his legs were transformed into a light blue tail. He moved his hand over his tail. Smoke surrounded him and his legs came back.

"I can live both on land and in the sea now." said Adam. "I'm so happy for you." I replied. "I'll never leave you." he said. "Adam, will you marry me?" I asked. "Yes, yes." he said and kissed me. "I love you." I replied. "Love you too." said Adam.

Adam and Eric are getting married.

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~