Sunset

Eric's: POV

I went back to the aquarium the next day and Philip handed me a small bottle. "It's the cure." he said. "How did you find it?" I asked. "It's my secret." he said.

I went Adam's tank and gasped. He was lying unconscious on the bottom. He wasn't breathing. I jumped into the water and swam up with him to the surface. I poured the cure in his mouth.

When merpeople stop breathing, they don't drown like normal people. They sleep and wake up when they can breathe air again. But Adam was still sleeping and I got worried. Outside the sun was going down. "Don't leave me." I said and kissed his lips. He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Eric." he replied. "Hello." I said. "What happened?" he asked confused. "It's a long story." I said.

"Where's my tail?" asked Adam. "What?" I asked. He looked at the sky and then at me. "I won't be able to return back to the sea." said Adam. "Why not?" I asked. "If you kissed me at sunset, I would remain human." he said. "Oh Adam, I'm terribly sorry." I replied. "It's okay Eric, you couldn't know." he said. "Are you mad?" I asked. "No, it wasn't your fault." he said.

***

Eric's: POV

Philip gave the cure to Catarina and Carmel too. Carmel hugged her mom and she smiled.

"Philip, I've a surprise for you." I said. "Okay." he replied. Bella came up to the surface and smiled at him. "Hello Philip, mom has missed you so much." she said. "Mom." he replied and hugged her. "Hello darling." she said. "I've missed you too." he replied. "I'll never leave you or Melody again." said Bella.

Adam, Catarina and Carmel are cured.

I hope you liked the chapter.

~CharlieGlambert~