He's flirting with you

Adam's: POV

I had followed Eric to his job. I tried to act like a human, but it wasn't easy. I saw Eric talking to a man and he smiled. I felt a bit jealous.

"Felix, this is my boyfriend Adam." said Eric. "Nice to meet you. Eric has told me so much about you." he replied. "Has he?" I asked. "You're lucky to he his boyfriend." said Felix. "I am." I replied sassy. "Excuse me." he replied and walked away.

Eric gave me a look. "What?" I asked. "Felix was just trying to be nice." he said. "He's flirting with you." I replied. "Felix is my friend." said Eric. "Oh, he's your friend, that's nice." I replied. "Adam, are you jealous?" asked Eric. "Why would I be jealous?" I asked. "You've been acting weird since you got well." he said. "I'm fine." I replied. "If you say so." said Eric.

"Can I go to the ocean cafe? I'm starving." I asked. "Yes." he said. "Thank you." I replied and walked out from the building.

***

I was at the ocean café and waited for my food to arrive. "Here's your seafood, Adam." said Carly. "Thank you." I replied and started eating.

I had borrowed a book about the little mermaid by the danish author Hans Christian Andersen. The story follows the journey of a young mermaid, who is willing to give up her life in the sea as a mermaid to gain a human soul.

The prince fell in love with another woman and married her. Her sisters gave her a knife, so she could kill the prince and get her tail back. But she couldn't take the prince's life. Instead she threw herself overboard and became foam. Then she became an angel and got a soul.

A voice came up in my head. Kill Eric and you'll get your tail back. He broke you heart. Humans can't be trusted.

I took the book and walked out from the café. Humans and merpeople are not meant to be together.

Oh no

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~