Sunflower//Bret Michaels

There was no more music left to write. Bret seemed to have nothing more in him to drive the songs. Things had been dim as we traveled from town to town. He played the songs on stage and I stayed at the hotel room waiting for his return, but even when he came back it had seemed like the good ole days were gone. Recently Bret had been cheated on by his long time girlfriend and when his heart broke, the music died. I watched for months as he broke down and all I wanted to do was give him a hug and tell him it was all gonna be okay...and even that I loved him, but alas I didn't seem to be the girl he had his eye on. I was just backstage "manager", which basically means I had to clean up the messes, get drinks for everyone, and make sure they had everything they wanted...it wasn't the funnest, but at least there was music. There were no more backstage parties anymore...so I was told to stay in the hotel room they'd always make Bret and I share.

I had just got done taking a shower and was now laying on my bed reading a book when I heard the door open. It was him, coming back once again with a faded fake smile. "Hi Bret." I said softly, not quite sure what mood he was in this time. "Hi..." he sighed and sat on his bed across from mine. "How was the show?...did they like the new song?" I smiled hopeful. Bret didn't say anything, he just burst into tears. I got up and hugged him immediately. "It doesn't matter if they like the song! No one even cares about the story! How could someone who says they love you just go and cheat on you?!" He sobbed and hugged me back. "I dunno Bret, but I know that one day you're gonna find someone who's perfect for you! Someone who lights your fire and never lets a dull moment into your life!" I caressed his hair and smiled softly. As much as I wanted to be that person, I knew it probably wasn't me and I couldn't stand in the way of his happiness. "...Will the music come back?..." he looked at me teary. "Of course it will!! Now you go take a nice hot shower and I'll make you some tea and food." I smiled and dried his tears. Bret nodded and went to go take a shower.

I boiled the water and began to steep the tea while he showered. Then I called down to the front desk and asked them if they could please get me a can of tomato soup and some bread. They did so and I also made Bret a grilled cheese and tomato soup. Lastly I drew some flowers on a piece of paper and cut them out....I didn't exactly know what to do, but I wanted him to feel special and happy so I tried my best to make my best friend happy again.

Shortly after that Bret got out of the shower and came back into the room/kitchen part of the hotel room. "What's all this?" He smiled softly and picked up one of the paper flowers. "I know you've been sad lately and what she did to you was a rotten thing to do, but YOU aren't a rotten person. You're a sweet guy who brings smiles to the faces of everyone and music to the hearts of everyone, you're amazing! It's not super fancy, but I made you dinner because I think you're really special and I want you to feel better and loved." Bret turned the paper flower over in between his fingers and looked at me teary. "No ones ever done this for me...thank you, y/n..." I smiled softly and by him on the bed that we doubled for chairs in the hotel room. "You're my best friend Bret, I'll do anything to make you smile and bring some light into your life." I kissed his cheek innocently to show him I cared.

Not even 3 seconds had passed before he crashed his lips into mine for a sweet passionate kiss. "Bret? Are you okay? You...you kissed me...." I was confused, but that kiss warmed my heart. "Yes...I just realized that someone really does love me and loves me honestly. The person who cared the most about me and never asked anything in return was right in front of my eyes this whole time. Y/n.... I love you!" Bret smiled truly for the first time in weeks. "Oh Bret, I love you too!" I smiled wide and kissed him again, this time deeper and with more love. Bret deepened the kiss and his hands roamed my body squeezing and caressing at all the right places. I was like putty in his hands.

Soon we were undressed, but we didn't jump to sex right away. Instead, we caressed each other softly. We made things more intimate without seeing rushed of forced. We kissed slowly, but deep and passionately. Finally we both decided we were ready to fully share this intimate love filled moment.

He laid me down against the soft hotel sheets and left soft caresses of my cheek and a love filled kiss on my lips as he entered me. My breath hitched in some pain, but he didn't move until I was okay and caressed my hips with a feather like motion trying to help me relax. After a few moments I nodded signaling that he could start moving. It hurt a bit at first, but as each thrust came my body relaxed more and more and soon I started feel good. The only sound you could hear in the room were moans that fell from our lips and soft murmurs of sweet words. It was perfect. Things didn't seem forced our raunchy, things were tasteful and really felt like love being made.

It was absolutely wonderful from the start to the finish. We now laid in the bed together catching breaths and sharing the tender sweet moment. "Bret...I love you..." I said looking at him deeply. "I love you too, y/n..." A smile crept across his face as he said the words. "Ya know, she may have been the rose with thorns, but you were always my sunflower....bringing such innocent joy and light into my life..." Bret kissed the top of my head as we drifted to sleep together.

Shortly after that night we became a permanent item and the music finally came back to life...more importantly his love for life and music came back and with that came the music's soul.