Double Trouble//Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee

Today was going to be a big and awesome day! The magazine I work for was finically sending me out on my own to do my first solo accompanied interview/story and guess who the story was over!! Mötley Crüe! Well not all of the band...Mick was sick with a stomach flu and Vince was on some hades in the Hollywood hills, but that still leaves plenty of fun to be had and stories to be told! I got dressed and grabbed my press badge and I was off to cover Mötley Crüe! They were currently on a big rise with the recent release of their Too Fast For Love album.

The magazine company had spoken to one of the boys on the phone and told me I was supposed to go to The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel and meet Nikki and Tommy there. This was all public interruptions wouldn't occur. Immediately when I got there I felt so out of place, this hotel was so fancy! I'd never been to a place like this! I went to the clerk desk. "Hello ma'am, how may I help you?" The man smiled. "I'm from The Slate magazine, I'm looking for Nikki or Tommy? I was told to come here." I showed the clerk my press badge and he smiled. "Ah yes, Ms. y/l/n! We've been expecting you! Room 3212, top floor." The man smiled and I went to the elevator. There sure were a lot of floors, 32 to be exact. It took like a solid 5 minutes to get to the top non stop, this was crazy!!

Finally I got to the top floor and stood in front of the hotel room door. My heart was POUNDING! I mean I knew I would eventually have to interview stars eventually, but who the hell sends the NEW reporter to interview stars rapidly climbing the charts on their first ever solo interview journey?! Just knock on the door, just knock it's simple. Don't forget how to speak, it's just two people you've talked to thousands of people in your life. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them. I knocked on the door and waited extremely anxious. Tommy answered the door and smiled. "Hi...uh...I'm y/n." I was trying so hard not to stutter. "Oh yes! You must be the magazine writer thingy, right?" He continued to smile. "Yes, that's me." I managed to get out a bit more confidently. "Come in! Come in!" He gestured happily for me to come in.

I looked around the room still amazed, the rooms were even fancier on the inside. "Nikki this is y/n, remember she's the new reporter the magazine sent. Y/n I'm assuming you probably know who we are, it's rude we don't introduce ourselves. I'm Tommy, and this is Nikki." Tommy gestured to himself then Nikki. "Nice to meet you both." I smiled and shook their hands.

"Y'all ready to start the interviews?" I smiled and got out my pin and paper as well as the tape recorder. "Yes!" Tommy smiled. "Great! I'm gonna do two separate interviews one for you and one for Nikki, and then I'll ask you both questions together!" I smiled and sat down across from Tommy while Nikki continued to look at the magazine. "So Tommy, what was the biggest change for you personally over the last few months since the joining of the band and releasing the album? Congratulations by the way!" I read from my questions I had written. "Thanks! Uh well, I think the biggest change for me was ya know going from some kid in high school to now being some kid who's traveling all over and making lots more than I ever imagined. The way it happened so quickly is crazy!" He smiled and I wrote down the words he said. Throughout the interview Nikki kept looking over his magazine and starring at me, I'd see him doing it out of the corner of my eye. "And Tommy, what is your hope for the future of this band and the music, do you have any personal plans for the future?" I was on my last of many questions for Tommy On the personal interviews. "I hope we don't stop. I hope people like us enough to keep us around a little bit longer. Yeah I do actually have personal plans for the future, I'm planning on having surf and turf for dinner tonight!" Tommy joked and I laughed.

I finished writing down Tommy's answers and now it was Nikki's turn. Nikki sat down in front of me where tBlank had been sitting before. "Hi Nikki! I'm gonna ask you the same and similar questions to what I asked tBlank, Ready?" I smiled and started the recording again. "Ready." He smiled with a smirk. "Right! So Nikki, what has been the biggest change for you?" I smiled and turned the page to write. "The biggest change for me wasn't the music blowing up or the money that came with the fame, for me the biggest change was the permanence. And I mean that in the way that I feel like Tommy, Mick, Vince, and I are all a family and nothing can break us apart. That's something I've never really had before so yeah permanence and a sense of belonging is the biggest change for me." Nikki looked at me seriously and seemed grateful about that. "That's truly wonderful, I'm so happy y'all have that tight bond." I smiled and wrote down what he said. I asked the many other questions and was on to the last once again. "What's your hopeful for the future of this band and the music, do you have a personal plans for later?" I read the last question. "Well like t said, I hope they like us enough to keep us around a bit longer. I also hope we're able to really help change lives and give people something to hang onto when they feel hopeless and something to fire them up when they want to party! As far as personal plans in the case of solo careers or anything like that, I have none. Why fix something if it's not broken, right?" He chuckled and I wrote that down and stopped the recording.