🇲 🇦 🇷 🇨 🇪 🇱  🇮 

A L I C I A 'S P O V

"Hey, stop that." I yelled while running towards my best friend, Marcel. He was getting bullied again for being a nerd.
"Are you okay?" I asked him while helping him up. Those bullies were trying to steal his lunch money, again, this is the fourth time that I caught them hurting my friend. And I, of course, would always come to back my friend up.

"Leave him alone, will you? And make sure that this will be the last time or else I will tell my father about what you are doing." I threatened. Thankfully those bullies couldn't hurt even if they want to because my dad owns this school. If they lay a hand on me, my dad will make sure that they'll never be able to go back to any other school. They scurried away, they didn't even look back, too afraid to mess with me. They should be.

"Oh my God, Marcel! What did they do to you?" I panicked when I saw my best friend's busted face. They have gone too far this time! I better report them to the principal.
"I'm fine, Ali. Don't worry about me. This is nothing." There he goes again pretending to be okay, when he is not. I know that he is lying, I know how much him getting bullied affects him mentally.

"Marcel, I'm going to report them to the principal. What they did to you is not okay at all. They have to be punished, you didn't do anything to deserve this." I said while helping him pick up his things and put it back in his bag.

"No, no, no. Please don't." He protested. That's the thing, he didn't want to tell anyone about this and it annoys me because I don't like to see him getting bullied every single time. It breaks my heart that my best friend gets bullied just because he is a nerd. That is not fair.

"No, Marcel. This has to stop. I couldn't bear to see you like this every single day. So please let me help you, one last time, please, Marcel." I begged, hoping that he would listen to me.

"Why do you want to help me? Is this because I always help you with your assignment and school work? If that's the reason why you are doing this, please stop it. I don't need your help, I can handle this myself." He said. I was offended by his words.

"What? Of course not. I am doing this because you are my friend, my best friend. I know we might not be friends that long but to me, you are the only person whom I really trust." I said in disbelief. Did he really think that I am just doing this to use him?

"Of course you would say that so that I'll always feel obligated to help you with school work, if you want to use me, you can as much as you can, just please don't interfere with my personal life." He laughed dryly and walked past me.

What the hell? I just want to help him because I know he needs help but what he did instead is that he accused me of using him? How dare he? I always thought of him as my best friend, my true friend because he is the only one who didn't judge me. He was the only one who willing to hear my rants about life. How could he do this to me? I thought he was my best friend and I was his but it turns out that I'm the only one who thinks that we are best friends while he thought otherwise. And then the bell rang, so I just went to my class with tear stained face. Gosh, I didn't even noticed that I was crying.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

M A R C E L 'S P O V

What did I just do? I messed everything up. Dammit! Why did I say those things to her? Why? I'm a stupid idiot. I'm pretty sure she is mad at me and worst, I hurt her feelings. I know that she was just looking after me. That's what I love about her, she's so warm to everyone. She is not afraid to stand up for those people in need. I adore her kindness especially towards me. I know that she will never like me the way I like her, I mean, I don't like her, I love her. She's the only person in school who stood up for me. Because of her, I don't get bullied as much as before. And I managed to messed it up back there. I shouldn't have lashed out on her. I know she will never use me for her advantage. What am I supposed to do now?

Should I write her an apology letter?