"Sherlock, Sherlock, can you hear me?" He asked.

"I'm so sorry!" Alex said, sobbing raggidly.

"Haven't you done enough?" John glared. "Be quiet."

"It was an accident." Alex whispered.

"Shut up!" John said. "You're no sister of mine."

John ripped Sherlock's shirt open. There was a pool of blood clotting on Sherlock's skin. John called an ambulence. Alex was still crying and shaking. She crept out of the room and changed into her regular clothes, putting the other outfit in her satchel. Sherlock was still in his mind palace, and still in pain.

"It's raining, it's pouring. Sherlock is boring! I'm laughing, I'm crying, Sherlock is dying!" Moriarty said.

Sherlock was wheeled out to an ambulence. John and Alex were riding with him. Alex had her face in her hands. She should have just asked Sherlock for help in the first place. This was all her fault. They started to opperate on Sherlock right there in the ambulence.

"We're losing you! Sherlock!" John said.

Alex took his hand. "I'm so sorry. I love you."

"Come on, Sherlock. Just die, why don't you?" Moriarty asked Sherlock in his mind palace. "One little push...and off you pop."

In the hospital, the heart monitor Sherlock was hooked up to let out a long beep, signaling that Sherlock was dead. The doctors tried to revive him, but it didn't work.

"You're gonna love being dead, Sherlock. No one ever bothers you." Moriarty said. "Mrs. Hudson will cry. And Mummy and Daddy will cry. And The Woman will cry. And John and Alex will cry buckets and buckets. It's Alex I worry about the most. Magnussen will be after her more than ever. You're lettin' her down, Sherlock. Alexandra Watson is definately in danger."

Sherlock's eyes snapped open. He had stay for Alex. He needed to protect her. He rolled over, using all of his strength. Moriarty glanced at him.

"Oh, you're not getting better, are you? Was it something I said?" He asked. Sherlock ran out the door. "Sherlock!"

Sherlock ran up the stairs of his mind palace. His heartbeat began to come back. The doctors gaped. The began working on him again right away. Sherlock took a breath and opened his eyes. Everything came back to him.

Later that morning, Mary ran in the building. She saw her husband and ran up to him. She knew he must be worried sick.

"Mary." He said.

"Hey." Mary said.

"He's only bloody woken up. Alex is with him." John said. He felt furious for what his sister had done and what she hadn't told him. "He's pulled through."

"Really?" Mary said. "Seriously?"

"Yeah." John nodded. They embraced.

----------------------

Magnussen was in the Appledore files. He picked up the file he had on Alex. It had her picture clipped on it. He paged through it and grinned. This was just what he needed to get to Sherlock.

"Oh, bad girl." He said. "Bad, bad girl."

----------------------

"Oh, Sherlock..." Alex said. She was sitting by his bedside. She knew John was going to come in and probably kick her out. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shoot you. It was an accident, and I'm so, so sorry. I love you."

She stood up as she heard footsteps approaching. She kissed Sherlock on his forehead. Sherlock tried to reach out to her. He wanted to tell her it was all okay, but everything was heavy. John came in and Sherlock watched as Alex hung her head low and walked out.

Don't go... He thought.

A few weeks later, Alex came into Sherlock's room. He was able to talk now and he was feeling a little better. Alex pulled up a chair next to his bed and looked down. She was scrared of seeing him after what she had done. Sherlock smiled at her.

"Hey." She whispered.

"Hey." Sherlock said.

"I'm sorry." Alex said.

"I know you are." Sherlock nodded. "I forgive you. It was an accident."

"You...forgive me?" Alex said.

"Of course." Sherlock said. He reached out and brushed her hair out of her face. "Now, what does he have on you?"

"Can we wait until you're better? I'd rather tell you and John at the same time." Alex said.

"Of course." Sherlock said.

"Thank you." Alex said, tears starting to trickle down her face.

"Stop it." Sherlock said, wiping the tears away. He scooched over and patted the space next to him. "Come here."

"I don't want to hurt you." Alex said.

"Come here." Sherlock said firmly. Alex jumped. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay." Alex said quietly.

"Seriously, come here. I need to hold you." Sherlock said.

Alex climbed into his hospital bed with him, moving very carefully. Sherlock wrapped his arm around her shoulders. He kissed her on the head. She rested her head on his shoulder. She noticed a scar on his chest. There were several more there and on his stomach. She traced her fingers on them.

"What are these?" She asked.

"I got them protecting you." Sherlock said. "While I was gone."

"Wow..." Alex's voice trailed off. "You loved me that much and I betrayed you by shooting you."

"It was an accident. Stop beating yourself up." Sherlock said. "Just go to sleep. I can tell you haven't slept for a while."

Alex tried to fall asleep, but she was having trouble. She'd felt guilty for weeks. Sherlock sighed stroked her hair.

"I know that you feel guilty. It's okay. I forgive you." Sherlock said. "Now, get some sleep. You need it. I promise, it's all going to be okay."

"I really am sorry." Alex said.

"Stop apologizing. It's fine." Sherlock said.

"I love you." Alex said.

"I love you too. Now go to sleep." Sherlock said.