27 | Shade of Dreams

I fluttered my eyes open and saw a canvas of Babylon-blue sky painted above me

I fluttered my eyes open and saw a canvas of Babylon-blue sky painted above me. I stretched out my hand towards the endless sky, making a few strings of light slip in between my fingers. The sun was so bright.

I helped myself up and looked around my surroundings, a knot slowly formed on my forehead as I found myself standing in a fairy-tale green garden. The air smelled like fresh Spring.

Strange.

As far as I remembered, right now it was supposed to be in early July. And this little detail finally told me that...

This must be a dream.

"Finally, you've opened up to Taehyung." A familiar sweet voice echoed in a distance, causing me to turn around in curiosity. "Look at you, trying so hard to be someone else."

I saw a girl standing before me, wearing a school uniform, her face mysteriously hidden. It was as if she blended well with the garden, her semblance aglow with beautiful flowers gracing her very existence.

"Do I know you?" I asked, stepping closer to have a clear vision of her face.

"This face, isn't it quite obvious to you?" she questioned calmly while watering the flowers. I didn't know if I heard it wrongly, but I could have sworn I heard the smirk in her voice.

I took another step closer to her, and when she turned around to face me, I was left awestruck.

"A-are you... me?" I clutched onto my chest, my heart pounding so loud in my ears when I saw a familiar face—just like the one I saw many times in the photos given by the boys.

The familiar girl put away the watering can and looked at me with a slightly offended expression. "No, silly. I'm Kim Jinhee."

I raised my brows and blinked at her, feeling confused than ever. "But, I am Kim Jinhee too."

I didn't know why it felt strange to admit that Kim Jinhee is my real identity. But then, on another thought, it felt just right to label that name on me.

"Let's just say you are the foolish version of Jinhee." She chuckled and shook her head a few times, as if silently mocking me.

"What? Why are you being so rude to me? You don't even know me." I frowned once again.

"Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I do know everything about you and every stupid decision you've made." By this time, she sounded almost frustrated as she strutted gracefully into the patio area of the huge garden.

"What do you mean?" I trailed behind her like a lost little puppy.

"You decided to erase everything about the boys because you couldn't handle the painful truth," she began, settling down on one of the chairs and poured some tea into a porcelain antique teacup, "then when they finally found you, you pushed them away. You broke their hearts like nothing mattered to you. And you even chose a stranger over Taehyung? Unbelievable."