36 | Kiss You Goodbye

There's a brief moment when you first wake up where you had no memories—a blissful blank slate—a happy kind of emptiness.

But it didn't last long, and you remembered exactly where you were and what you were trying to forget—a totally painful, gut-wrenching truth.

As the early morning sunlight poured through the curtains, I slowly sat up from the bed and let out a groan when a sharp pain throbbed in my head. It took me for a while to regain myself.

Figment of memories slowly resurfaced into my mind, and I shut my eyes in regret when I recalled how drunk and messy I was last night. Not to mention, Taehyung just had to appear at the right time. And with that, it instantly answered my question of being in this unfamiliar bedroom. It was probably Taehyung's.

Gathering all my strength fighting the inevitable hangover, I forced myself out of the bed and quickly went to the bathroom to fix myself. As I stared into the vanity mirror, suddenly I remembered Ray's voice. It kept haunting my mind like a bad nightmare, and I felt my body begin to wither in guilt.

"You are her doppelganger. You were also the reason why she was murdered."

And just like that, I felt my body crippled onto the cold tiles as tears poured out messily again. "Oh God. Mom... Dad... Jasper oppa..."

How do I face my family of four years after knowing that I'd killed their beloved daughter? How? How do I do this?

At that moment, I just knew I couldn't face anyone. I didn't know where Taehyung was, but I truly hoped he wasn't waiting for me with freshly-cooked breakfast. If he really was, I was adamant to find every possible way just not to bump into him.

After I was done, I grabbed all my things and went out of the room. I held my breath while silently checking the living room. When there was only peaceful stillness greeting me, my shoulder slowly dropped in relief at this. Still being careful, I tip-toed my way to the door.

But just as I was about to make my escape, I caught a glimpse of someone sleeping on the couch in the living room. Someone—whose semblance was too ethereal—my heart almost burst just at seeing the beautiful sight of him.

As the minutes passed, I found myself reluctantly taking small steps towards Taehyung. I noticed he didn't get changed because he was wearing a white dress shirt; two top buttons undone. His soft brown locks stuck in all directions, while his face looked tired with a little cute knot in his forehead.

I levelled down beside him and quietly stared at his angelic face for as long as I could. Maybe for the last time. Before I knew, hot tears started brimming my eyes and I cupped my mouth as the unbearable sadness hit me again.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung..." I whispered and slowly leaned in to kiss him goodbye.

But before I could, suddenly my hands were being seized down and the next thing I knew, Taehyung was on top of me, staring me down with his deep-set eyes that flamed with a dangerous glint.

"Don't fucking give me a goodbye kiss, Jinhee." His morning deep voice sounded angry, that I was surprised to hear such power in his voice.

I was completely stiffened up under his frame. My heart pounded so hard, I could have sworn my chest was going to explode as I was getting caught from running away. I couldn't say anything, even to breathe an ounce of air because I knew the confrontation from him would come next.

"What was that sorry for? Are you going to leave me again?" His expression looked hurt and frustrated, all at the same time.

I was still tongue-tied by the situation I was in, so I could just look at him with parted lips.