8 | Yoongi's Endeavor

K i m J i n h e e

There came a point when too much was just...too much.

I scampered my way into the lobby of Grand Milennium with heavy breathing, didn't realize that I just walked past Peter Weston, the amicable concierge that had been guarding the private residence for years.

"Ms. Kwon, are you okay? Do you need any help?" The man in his mid-40s approached me worriedly as I kept pressing the elevator's button in hurry.

I bit down my lip hard and turned to look at him. His eyes widened in surprise, probably because he saw my face was soaked in tears. I knew I was crying, but I didn't bother to wipe my tears away. I kept sobbing as I hugged my arms, wanting nothing but to see Ray. I needed him right now, desperately.

"Kwon Mia was my ex-girlfriend and she's dead."

Taehyung's deep voice suddenly echoed in my ears like disturbing drums, and with that, his piercing dark brown eyes flashed through my mind. I closed my eyes tight to block his unpleasant presence in my head, but to no avail. His dark voice replaying even louder in a loop, his compelling image appeared in every corner of my consciousness.

"No... It's a lie. He's lying... It can't be true..." I breathed out wearily as I shook my head to dismiss the incredulous fact that I had just learned.

"The butterfly tattoo on your right shoulder. Those three capitals, KTH, is my initials, Kim. Tae. Hyung."

"No... Go away." I muttered under my breath in a low shaky voice as I grabbed a handful of my hair in frustration because those disturbing words did nothing but only stirred my mind into a complete mess.

"Ms. Kwon, let me escort–"

"Jinhee, even if you try so hard to change your appearance, your attire, it still doesn't change the fact that you are Kim Jinhee."

"I said go away!" I shouted out in exasperation and cried out almost beggingly to the voice so that it would be out of my mind.

Through my blurry vision, I saw Peter looked taken aback as he gulped down a huge lump upon witnessing my outburst. When I realized that I might have startled the kind elder man with my emotional outbreak, I hung my head low, saying that I didn't mean to shout at him, but Peter only looked at me with genuine concerns and sympathy.

At that moment, I found myself couldn't look at him properly because I felt ashamed of my unbridled emotions and chaotic demeanor. I felt utterly miserable as I struggled to hold myself from breaking down into thousand weak pieces.

"P-peter, is Ray u-upstairs?" I asked him through my trembling lips.

"Yes, Ms. Kwon. Mr. Carlton is upstairs, he's been waiting for you." Peter answered calmly. When the elevator had reached to our floor, he extended out a courteous hand for me.

"Have a good night, Ms. Kwon," Peter added kindly before I was left inside the couch, weeping silently.

Even though the elevator was bringing me to the highest altitude of the building, but on the inside, it felt as if my world was slowly crumbling down before me. My head throbbed with the cruelest form of pain that channeled through every vein in my body.

"God, Mia!"

Before I could make any step forward into the penthouse, Ray rushed towards me and engulfed me into his warm embrace. I was momentarily taken back, but his presence somehow sent a huge relief down my spine. When he pulled back, a canvas of frustration and worries were visible on his face. At that second, he looked like he wanted to throw out his frustration at me, but he froze when he slowly took in my expression.