26 | Blooming Heart

"What's the rush, baby girl?" Taehyung intoned, sounded a little amused as he observed the awestruck me, "I'm here for you." His rich brown eyes a-sparkle with mirth as he slowly pulled me in around my waist.

I could only stare at him with widened eyes, still trying to process everything. And as the second passed, I began to feel my cheeks flushed red at hearing his last words. Because he knew I was searching for him, and he knew he was the reason why I was left breathless with a ruddy complexion.

For a few seconds, we just silently stared at each other, slowly taking in each other's presence into details. Taehyung sported a dark slim fit tuxedo, and it cuts him at all the right angles, sharp and acute. With his well-groomed blonde hair as his kingly crown, somehow he radiated out a personification of suave elegance in the modern tuxedo, and for the fact that I was still in his embrace did nothing good for my poor heart.

"What with all the pictures?" I asked, sending him a glare and slightly pushed his chest with my balled fist because I found it hard to regain my composure with the proximity.

"Well, giving you a chance to be the Jinhee the explorer. Did you enjoy the little adventure?" he teased me again, a little smirk crafted on his lips. I rolled my eyes with an unimpressed look, causing him to let out a chuckle. Though the adventure that he meant did excite me a little a moment ago.

"Come with me." He clasped my fingers with his and tugged me into a direction. I didn't resist as I silently followed his steps, and when I looked around, I only realized that we were on the rooftop garden restaurant ornamented with fairy light.

A friendly waiter appeared and ushered Taehyung and I to what seem like a reserved table of ours. Being his gentleman self, Taehyung helped me into the chair before he took a seat in front of me. I noticed there was a brief second of him nodding at the waiter, like some sort of signal, and as if on cue, a romantic music played in the background, and the mood was set.

It was late in the evening, the sky was decorated with lavender streaks, nearly faded to the hues of pink and gold over the endless sky. It was a magnificent view, and I found myself relaxing in my seat as the gentle, evening breeze kissed my skin.

"God, you get prettier every day." His dark eyes cemented on me with much admiration, and I found myself bowing my head a little because I was sure my cheeks turned bright again at the sudden flattery.

"Well, thank you." I mumbled quietly under my breath. "But what's this all about, Taehyung? What are you–"

"Shush, princess. No more questions." Taehyung put a secretive finger against his lips and leaned back casually in his seat, but his scintillating brown eyes remained steady on me. "I just want to spend the evening with my favorite girl. That's all."

"But I need to know what happened last night," I retorted with a frown. He'd have known how much stubborn I could be. "I know the look you are giving me right now, Taehyung. You are curious about something again."

And as though he was caught red-handed, I noticed how Taehyung's shoulder grew tense that it strained his tuxedo. He slightly looked away, keeping his both hands in his pocket now and his expression slowly morphed into solemnness. Silence wrapped in between us as the waiter came to our table and served the main course.

"Did I say something while I was unconscious yesterday?" I adamantly continued with my queries once the waiter left our table, leaving Taehyung with no space to stall.

"Here, let me cut your steak for you," he offered, however, there was a note of anxiousness in his expression as he looked at me, and this told me that I did say something yesterday, for him to make this odd gesture of having a candlelight dinner with me. Though, it was weird because he was avoiding instead of confronting.