35 | The Truth Untold

K i m  J i n h e e

"Mia, that was dangerous. You can't just approach strangers like that," Gayoung berated with a frown when we had entered our Uber.

Haejong unnie and Micha had taken a different car because Micha said she wasn't feeling well. So Haejong decided to take her home while Gayoung unnie and I brought all the shopping bags that were meant for the boys and headed to the company.

"I'm sorry, unnie. I thought they were our company's security team, but turns out I was wrong..." I said meekly and gave her a sheepish smile, hoping my cute acts would smooth out the knot of frustration on her brows.

But deep inside, I still felt guilty for hiding things from Gayoung when I certainly knew who sent those bodyguards to watch over me. And now that I looked into the side mirror, I noticed a black car was subtly trailing closely behind me. So much for not making things obvious.

"I'd recognize them if they were from Big Hit, Mia... No wonder Jasper's always worried about you." She let out a soft sigh and gave me a disapproved look. But it only lasted for a few seconds before she blinked in realization. "Right, talking about Jasper, did he call you back?"

I took out my cell phone and checked the notifications bar, but a frown slipped on my face when I saw there was none. Still no notifications from Taehyung.

"No, unnie. I guess he's really busy with his clients..." I couldn't help but felt disappointed as I looked out of the window. "I wish I could meet him sooner. I missed him, and there's a lot of things I want to tell him..."

"I'm sure Jasper will call you back, Mia. How can he forget about his dear sister?" Gayoung squeezed my hand and smiled sweetly at me. "Let's go. We are here."

"Unnie, it's okay. You can wait here," I stopped Gayoung when she was about to step out from the car, "I'll bring these bags to the dressing room. I don't want to trouble you with my job." I had to admit sometimes I had to remind myself that Gayoung no longer worked in the same company. It just felt she was always right there for us.

Gayoung just chuckled and shook her head casually. "Nah, I don't mind. Besides, I kinda missed my old workplace. Let's go together, alright?" She beamed me a kind smile, and before I could protest, she'd already waved off the Uber.

In the end, I cast an appreciative glance at her and smiled. "Thank you, unnie."

We entered the Big Hit's building and made our way straight to the second floor where the dressing room was located. It didn't take long for us to place all the bags neatly beside the wall and exited out the room. Then, suddenly Seonghyun sunbae appeared, making Gayoung jump in excitement to see her ex-colleague.

"Oh Mia, can you give me a few minutes to catch up with Seonghyun? Just for a little while. Wait for me at the lounge, alright?" She sounded happy and I just laughed a little to see the twinkle in her eyes.

"Sure, unnie. Take all the time you need." I smiled at both of them who looked like besties who hadn't met for years.

"See ya tomorrow, Mia." Seonghyun sunbae drawled out and waved me goodbye.

"Okay." I smiled at both of them and made my way down to the lounge area of the building.

As I waited, I checked on my phone and silently pondered should I just call Taehyung to amend things. I paced around the empty lounge area, but my step halted into a stop when my eyes caught an unfamiliar figure, imitating my very action in front of Big Hit.