9 | Jungkook's Endeavor

K i m  J i n h e e

I sat quietly on the twirling chair as I observed around the sterile workplace of my brother, Kwon Jasper. He was a neurologist. A good-looking neurologist I had to admit.

When I didn't see any sight of him in the early hours, my hand instinctively rummaged through my bag for my phone. But my movement paused when I touched something unfamiliar in my bag, something like a keychain.

Being curious, I hauled out the keychain and was left in confusion as I saw a red cheeks black bear keychain. It looked like a popular character in Japan. Was it Kumamon what they called? There was also a photo hanging along with the Kumamon. I looked at the photo and was surprised to see that... it was a photo of me with the guy last night, Min Yoongi.

I took my time to study the photo carefully, but when I did, an involuntary shiver jolted down my spine as my hands that were holding onto that photo trembled in fear. I truly recognized that girl in that picture. She looked exactly like me. The old me. So... This was how Kim Jinhee looked like? No wonder the boys had mistaken me for her the first time they saw me because she looked like the copy-paste version of me.

In the photo, Jinhee and the mint-haired guy were sitting on a bench beside a basketball court, looking at each other with such happy smiles. I pursed my lips as I wondered what kind of conversation that they had because Kim Jinhee and Min Yoongi looked so happy in the picture. There was no stroke of worries or sadness on their faces as they just sparkled with pure happiness. I turned the photo around and saw some words were engraved on it.

'The day I finally found my mother. Thank you, ugly bunny. I owe you one.'

My head knotted in confusion as I truly couldn't understand the message written by that Min Yoongi guy. Did Jinhee help him with his family issue in the past..?

I stayed muted in a long silence. I didn't know how much time I had spent to think about it, but all I knew was that the burning curiosity at the back of my mind was torturing me mercilessly. It kept pressing and crushing every nerve in my brain that I didn't even realize I was now whimpering in pain.

"Oh God, Mia, stop thinking!" I practically shouted at myself as I cried out in pain.

But I couldn't hear my voice because the next thing that terrorized in my head was the voice that I truly recognized from yesterday. It was Min Yoongi's husky voice.

"Jinhee! If there is one thing I want you to butt out, then it's about my family matters. Please!"

"You know, Jinhee... I'm glad that you appeared in our life."

"Kidding. For once, you look gorgeous tonight."

Every colorful scene flashed through my mind in a swift motion that I couldn't see anything but only the blurry backgrounds and the semblances of Min Yoongi and Kim Jinhee together.

"Hey, hey, Mia, you're okay. I'm here. Take a deep breath."

I came back to reality when I saw Jasper helped me up and put me carefully on the twirling chair. I didn't even realize that I had fainted on the shiny floor of his office.

"Slowly breathe in and breathe out. Listen to my voice, Mia." Jasper cupped my cheeks as his gentle eyes focused on me. Like usual, he would always use this method to meditate my mercurial tantrums.