29 | Harmonizing with Jimin

"Unnie, why do you keep spacing out?"

I stopped brushing my lips and looked at Micha who just pulled out the chair in front of me. We were having breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. I shook my head and forced out a thin smile at her, at the same time, trying to dismiss the image of Jungkook from last night.

After what Jungkook did last night, I couldn't help twisting his arm and pushed him against the wall when he caught me off guard. Without knowing, I had used my hidden martial arts to protect myself again.

"Ah, noona, it hurts!" he whined out in pain. Shocked at my own action, I immediately let him go and covered my mouth in disbelief.

"Are you sure? You looked so restless ever since you woke up." Micha was eyeing me skeptically while sipping onto her morning coffee. She gulped it down with eyes closed, almost moaning in pleasure at the warm, thick liquid sliding down her throat. "Is something bothering you?"

Yes. Whatever Jungkook did bothered me so much that I couldn't sleep a wink yesterday. Why in the world would he kiss me? I felt guilty for hurting him, but he'd at least shed some light on the reason why he kissed me last night.

As much as I felt bad towards him, I felt even more guilty towards Taehyung. I shook my head profusely, shuddering at the thought of Taehyung knowing what happened last night. It's best to keep it as a secret so that no one would get hurt.

"Oh, it's the boys. Jungkook, Taehyung!" Micha waved her hands in the air, and I stiffened in my spot.

"Morning, babe." I heard a deep whisper beside me and a gentle pat on my head. His musky, vanilla fragrance hit my nose, and I instantly knew it was Taehyung.

"M-morning, Tae." I tried my best to hide my nervousness and looked up at him. He looked attractive and dashing as always, donning a white linen shirt and a baseball cap.

"I'm gonna get my breakfast." He pointed at the buffet and winked at me before sauntering his way there, while Jungkook took a seat beside Micha.

"I'm getting more chocolate muffins, it's so damn good. Jungkook, do you want one?" Micha stood up and halted her step, looking at Jungkook.

"Yeah, the blueberry one, noona. Thanks!" Jungkook sent her a morning dazzling smile. Micha nodded sweetly and walked away.

"Jinhee noona, did you have a good sleep?" Jungkook began to look at me with his big innocent eyes while putting his chin in his palms, but I only chewed on my crispy waffles and honored him with silence.

"Noona, I know you are mad about yesterday," he chuckled, as though finding something amusing in my face. "But you know that I kissed you just to help you remember about your memories, right?"

"What?" I almost choked on my food when he casually mentioned the topic like he was talking about the weather.

It took a moment for me to process his words, at the same time, my eyes alternately checking on Taehyung and Micha who were still leisurely selecting the food of their choice in the buffet.

"Noona, you said you wanted to remember all about me, so I just wanted to help you out," he revealed slowly, ebony eyes glowed in astonishment, "I watched in many dramas, they do stuff like this to make the amnesic patient remember. They say certain emotions can make the patient unconsciously walk down a memory lane."

"But I don't know if it works or not, I just give it a shot." A sheepish smile formed on his face as his fingers brushing the little tendrils of his dark hair timidly.