7 | The Symbol of Our Love

"Let go of me!" I shouted with all my might as I tried to peel his hand off me.

At that moment, he looked slightly taken aback by my outburst, so he slowly released my hand and raised his hands up in defeat. But his dark gaze still fixed on me, appraising me from head to toe, a trace of disappointment evident in his eyes.

"Where have you been, Jinhee? I've been waiting for your call..." he said calmly after he had blown out a breath. He still looked bewildered by this unexpected meeting as he cemented his gaze on me, looking at every of my features for confirmation.

"What call?" I furrowed my brows in confusion as I rubbed my skin where he just touched. It was literally burning. My heart pounded hard whenever his dark eyes burned into mine. There were too much of emotions twirling in his dark eyes. Pain. Longing. Anxiousness. And once again, disappointment.

He wrapped his face once and cupped his mouth with one hand, another hand on his waist. For a brief moment, he walked off to the corner to shut off what seemed like a camera recorder. Was he recording something before I came in?

"I thought you said I'd need to pay the price for beating out that guy, so I was waiting for any calls, hoping to see you again." He said seriously as he turned around to face me again. His voice sounded familiar, just like the deep voice that never failed to insert itself in my senses. "My company has been keeping eye on me, so I couldn't find the chance to search for you–"

"I'm sorry to say this, but are you out of your mind? You're waiting for Ray to sue you just so you can meet me?" I chuckled and shook my head in incredulousness. "And why do you think I'd want to meet you after you hurt my boyfriend?" I asked him as a matter of factly.

But after I mentioned about Ray, I saw how his expression turned even darker that I had all the urge to run away from there. He looked angry, and the image of him beating out Ray on that night flashed into my mind's feed, terrifying me as I was left alone in this room with him.

"Can we not mention about that guy?" he said, his voice reverberated darkly as his brown eyes pierced into mine.

Even though his dark aura intimidated me, I didn't know what kind of demon was possessing me because I found myself crossing my arms and taking a few steps toward him, closing our distance.

"Then I'd ask the same. Don't call me Jinhee ever again." I retorted with full of authority as I looked straight into his eyes daringly.

My words seemed to trigger the last string in him because I saw his jaw tightened and he shut his eyes out of anger. Taking a sharp intake of breath, he suddenly grabbed my shoulders and slightly shook me, as if trying to instill some sense into my mind.

"Jinhee, can we please stop with all these pretense?" he softly pleaded, his dark brown eyes turned teary because he looked like he was so done holding back his impending emotions.

"Look," I paused as I tried to remember his name but it didn't take long because a familiar sweet voice whispered at the back of my mind. It's Taehyung. Kim Taehyung.

"I'm not pretending, Kim Taehyung-ssi. I don't know what happened in the past involving you and Kim Jinhee, but do me a favor could you? Keep me out of this, because like I said, I'm Kwon Mia," I corrected him adamantly.

I didn't flinch from any of his action because I didn't want to show that I was scared of him. Even though I felt uncomfortable whenever he was near me, I held back, because I wanted to put an end in everything between us so badly. I didn't want to see him again.