The Bangalore

"Hello." I smiled in return, He was definitely nicer than the last one. "Would you happen to have connector clamps?" I asked him. 

     "Of course." He nodded and reached down pulling out a bag of clamps and set them on the counter. "50 credits please." He smiled. I reached for my pouch and realized I had forgotten that I gave it to Mando.

     "Hold on a second." I headed toward the door. I saw Mando. "Money pouch." I called to him. He took it off his belt and tossed it toward me, but someone else caught it and ran off. "Son of a bitch, I'm sorry I'll be right back." I told the shop owner and ran out of the door. Mando had already taking off toward the guy as I stood there helpless. I reached up and touched the com dot. "Lane?" I spoke, "Lane, come in."

     "What the hell do you want?" I heard.

     "Come get this wire, we're right down the street from the hatch door." 

     "Why don't you bring it here yourself?"

     "Just come and get it and hurry up, someone stole my money pouch." I heard her chuckling as she turned off the com. I stood there impatiently waiting for her to show up. "Hurry up!" I growled at her as she walked casually toward me. "Grab the clamps from that shop right there." I pointed it out and headed off in the same direction that Mando had gone. I reached up and touched the com dot again. "Mando?" I hit a T intersection not knowing which way he had gone. "Press the com on your neck." I told him looking down both directions sporadically.

     "Yes?" I heard his voice over the com.

     "Which way did you go?" I was still waiting and getting frustrated as I stood there not knowing. My heart was beating in my chest.

     "I've got it handled." He answered.

     "Just tell me which way you went at this T intersection." I stated.

     "To the right." He answered, I turned toward the right and there he was walking back holding the money pouch. He stopped in front of me and handed it to me.

     "I could've helped you know." I attached it to my belt and then pressed the com dot to turn it off.

     "I had it." I couldn't see his face, but I bet he was grinning under that helmet. We headed back toward the street where Lane was leaning up against the lift with her arms crossed in front of her.

     "Did you get it back?" She moved away from it when it started moving again.

     "Yeah." I answered as we walked behind it. "Why didn't you take this back like I asked you too?"

     "We are taking it back." She smiled. I shook my head at her and we headed back to the bay. Once there we got the wire into the repair bay as carefully as we could without dropping it off of the lift. Rassen stepped out of Mando's ship dropping a pile of wire off to the side. 

     "Perfect. Did you get everything I had on the list?" He walked over to inspect the lift checking every spool that was on it. Then saw the chimes and lifted them up "What is this?" 

     "A gift." I took the chimes from his hands and walked inside the ship where Temen usually sat on his pillow. I reached up and hung them next to his seat. He wasn't anywhere to be found at the moment and neither was Sprocket. I figured Temen had taken into the cargo bay to play around for a while. So I headed to my room and went inside, there on the desk was the jar with rings in it. I dumped them out and searched through the silver ornate rings until I found one I liked. I slipped it on my thumb and put the rest back into the jar. I then headed back outside as I took off my jacket and laid it across the ramp.