Discrimination

(Image is not mine)

      "Oh, well that explains it." I nodded as we continued to walk down the semi packed streets where others had come out to enjoy the sunny day. It took us fifteen minutes to find the right place because of the streets either being cleaned and we had to walk a different way or there were too many people crowding the area. But Mando had managed to find the place that we were looking for and we went in, I heard the bell ding as I walked past the threshold. I felt like I was in heaven, there were so many things catching my eye and I wanted to check them all out. I don't know what it was about shops like this that had parts sitting around that I found interesting. For some women it was a dress shop, or a jewelry shop, but for me? it was a parts shop. I removed my gloves to pick up a piece of metal that had a carving on it that I found interesting as the owner stepped out of the back and looked at us. He was a heavy man and walked sluggishly as he stopped behind the counter. He looked like he had some sort of infection, there were small bubbles along his face and some on his neck. His hair was pulled back and being held with a piece of wire and his clothing looked old and dirty. 

     "Is there something I can help you with?" He set a few items on his counter.

Mando had walked over and handed him the pad that we had gotten from Rassen the day before, it listed everything he needed in order to fix his ship.

      "We need everything on here." He instructed looking at the owner as the owner kept his eyes on me. I set the metal piece back and glanced around again seeing a makeshift wind chime that had all sorts of little pieces of metal cut into various shapes, a few glass pieces that glittered and sectioned tubing that went down the middle that decorated it. I reached up to move it so I could hear it make its soft melody. The owner looked at me as the chimes made noise. 

     "Is she with you?" He was bit irritated that I was walking around touching things.

     "Yes she is, is that problem?" He stood there ready for anything just in case.

      "No, but if she breaks anything, you've bought it." The owner stated as I was looking for a way to get the wind chime down from its hook. I tried reaching for it, but I was too short. I then looked for a pole or a stick or anything that was tall enough that I could use to unhook it. But I couldn't find anything long enough. Mando had looked back as I was trying to reach up again leaning on a pile of boxes. He walked over, unstrapped his rifle and used the butt of his weapon to reach up and unhook it. He then handed it to me.

      "Thank you." I smiled and walked over to the counter. "This too please." I told the owner who just glared at me. "What?" I asked as he took a deep breath and went to the back to gather the things we needed. I glanced over at Mando who had stepped up beside me. "What's his problem?" I whispered.

      "I think he has a problem with women." He whispered back. "Stay close, just in case."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head in disgust as I moved away from the counter again seeing something else that I could possibly use on my ship. It was a small computer board that had four sections on it with wires coming out of the side. I picked it up and flipped it over trying to see if I could see the numbers written on it. But there wasn't anything, so more then likely it was stolen. I set it back down as the owner came out of the back and glared at me again. I just smiled at him.

      "I have everything but the connector clamps, I'm out of those. But you can get those from the dealer down the road." He told Mando pointing in the direction, who then turned to look back at me as I stood there watching him, then walked up to the counter.