The Healer

"That looks bad." He changed the subject. I shook my head.

     "I've had worst, trust me." He reached over and brought my hand closer toward him to look at it.

     "Can you get your friend to heal it for you?" I blushed a bit and took my hand back.

     "I'm good, really. He needs to take care of the little one."

           Just then Temen walked in at that moment, I looked at him as he released the lock on my chair which took me by surprise and moved my seat around as he sat in the other behind Mando. "Rassen said you were hurt, so I came back to see for myself." He spoke taking my hand and looking at it. "You should have told me you were hurt, I could have healed this for you."

     "I'm fine Temen, really." I tried to take it back. He held onto it and looked at me.

     "Hold still." He smiled "Please." He looked back down as he moved his hand over the top of mine. Mando watched as Temen's hand started to glow blueish green, I could feel the warmth engulfing my hand. I watched as the bruising slowly disappearing from my skin. I looked over at Mando and the glowing blue hue resonated off his shiny helmet which looked kinda cool to be honest. I couldn't see Mando's reaction but if I had to guess, it was either something of amazement, confusing or disbelieve. I could imagine a furrowed brow running across his face as he watched. I looked back at Temen as he moved his hand away just as the last bit of it faded. "There, that should help." I looked at it as I moved my hand.

     "Thanks. It feels a lot better." He patted my shoulder.

     "Anytime my friend." He smiled as he left the control room. I swung my chair back around and it locked into place.

     "How does he do that?" Mando was confused.

     "He's a healer." I moved my hand then sat back in the seat.

     "Where exactly does he come from?" I faced him.

     "He's from a planet called E-nas, his people are known as Elamb's. Its way in the Solaras cluster." I motioned with my hand that it was far away. "Way out there."

     "Can all of his people do that?" 

     "No, only royalty have that gift."

     "He's royalty?" he was a bit shocked. I nodded.

     "Yeah, he's a king." I reached over, switching buttons on the control table. Then sat back again getting comfortable.

     "Why isn't he on his planet ruling his people?" he was still curious. "I've never seen a planet thrive without their ruler." I looked at him and smiled.

     "He does something weird and he can be in two places at once. I'm not sure how it works, you'll have to ask him." I replied, then turned toward a beeping sound on the control table. I reached over and switched the buttons with each other. We went silent for a few minutes before Lane came in clearing her throat.

     "I hope I'm not interrupting anything?" She joked as she winked at me.

     "Knock it off." I shook my head. "What do you want?"

     "Rassen made some of his stew, do you want some?"

     "Absolutely." I nodded and stood up. "Come on." I told Mando.

     "I'm not hungry, thank you." I stopped and looked back at him.

     "Are you kidding me? You haven't eaten since you got on board and by the sounds of your stomach growling, I'd say that you're hungry. Grab a bowl and take it to the back room where you can eat in private." I started heading out of the control room, then glanced back as he sat there. "Come on, before Rassen eats it all and he will eat it all." I added as I rounded the corner seeing Rassen sitting at the table eating already.