Easy come Easy go

I reached over to the keypad to my left and started typing in my code as fast as I could.

          "I'm transferring you my security code now." I hit send. The gun turrets followed me as I slowly moved around toward the opening like your hand moving through tall grass, it would bend down and then pop up as you move away. There was a brief silence as the guns still focused on the ship. I had to admit I was getting a bit nervous. Did the code still work? Or was it no good, it had been years since I was last here. I glanced at Mando, then heard a loud thumping and watched as the turrets moved away hearing the mechanized sounds of them disengaging. I let out a soft sigh of relief. The com fuzzed and clicked.

          "Tye?" Asked a different voice. "Tye Sinclair?" I glanced at Mando and smiled.

          "Yeah, how's it going?" I knew who it was from his voice. I had encountered him a while during my brief stay on the planet.

          "This is Commander Neatal, What are you doing here? Did you finally capture Tora Na?" desperation in his voice. "Tell me he's on board. Tell me you finally got him."

          "No, no he's not." I shook my head.

          "Why isn't your video com up? I thought we agree to always do visual communication."

          "Well, what happened was..." I motioned for Mando to head to the back. "My ship was compromised a couple of weeks ago." I watched him get up and leave the control room, I could also assume he stood behind the wall out of sight. "Some asshole decided that he wanted to attach a blocker thing to my hyperdrive, he cut a few wires from the video feeds, tore up my back panel with a dock lift. Pulled parts off my ship, I could go on and on, Rassen's working on it."

           "So, what did you do?" I could hear the chuckle in his tone.

           "What else would I do? I beat his ass."

          "Did you kill him?" 

          "Nope, Lane stopped me, good thing too, he would've been a puddle on the floor." I took one more glance behind me to make sure he was out of site.

          "It would have been justified."

I reached over and flipped on the video coms, it flickered a bit and there in front of me was a dark haired humanoid man, wearing a gray uniform with three red stripes going down the left side indicating his rank. "There we go." I turned toward the back. "Thanks Rassen it works!" Rassen who was in the back working on a piece of equipment, looked up confused.

          "You're welcome!" he shouted back, Lane snickered at him as she shook her head, knowing what I had done, since she could see Mando standing near the wall to listen. The Commander continued.

          "So, if you don't have anything for me, then why are you even here?" He looked at me adding a smile. "I'm sure you're not here just to see me, we don't want to give these men anything to talk about."

 I chuckled and shook my head "No, actually, I'm here to grab that ship over there, "I pointed toward it. "The one with the yellow markings on the side. The one towards the back." I grinned at him.

          "What? The Razor Crest?" He was confused. "You wasted your last security code on a ship?"

          "Yeah, I need it." I nodded.

          "Since when are you in the scavenging business?" 

          "I'm not, I just need that ship." I pointed toward it again