Creepy Sounds in the Dark

"Look mate, just relax, I don't think he's gunna remember us. It's been far too long." She noticed my distress. "And even if he does, so what? We'll be gone before he even realizes it."

     "You can't promise that. He has these new guys. How do you know they're not out there right now searching for the ship?" I leaned in closer.

     "Because there's a huge storm going on, I wouldn't think these new guys would be stupid enough to go out this. No one's out in this weather most of them are sitting in here getting drunk." She added. I took a deep breath and tapped my fingers on the table nervously as I sat there. I started making noises with my mouth, she shook her head and deeply sighed becoming annoyed by the sounds I was making. "Oh my God, Fine, if you're going to sit there and ruin my fun, then let's go."  She drank down the last of her drink and the one she ordered for me. She made a face because of how strong it was, then stood up. I followed her lead and we headed toward the door. "In your rush to get back to the ship, didn't you forgot about someone? What about Mando, we just gunna leave him here?" She asked as she put her gloves on. I suddenly remembered that he had went through the door.

     "Something tells me Mando can take care of himself." I told her. "Right now we need to get out of here."

     "So we're leaving him behind then?" she stood there smiling. "So much for sticking together to the bitter end, remind me why I trust you?"

    "That's not fair." I pointed at her glancing back over her shoulder toward where Lord Clario was still sitting laughing with some other creatures, I gritted my teeth toward her. "Damn it, Come on." I told her then grabbed her arm as we made our way around the bar in the same direction that Mando had gone. I kept out of sight of Lord Clario by walking beside huge creatures that covered me as I headed closer toward the door and quickly went inside with Lane right behind me. There was a long corridor that had been lit with small cylinder lights along the walls that illuminated enough to see by. The flooring was a metal grate type of material the made a bit of noise as we walked on it. Which wasn't good since we were trying to be as quite as we could, but we did our best. 

     "Where do you think he went?" She asked in a low whisper.

     "How the hell should I know." Whispering back as I pulled my weapon and held it down near my leg as we walked along. I peeked into a room that was pretty much empty except for a chair. I moved toward the next room as Lane went toward a different one. I looked into the next one I was near finding it empty as well except for a few crates stacked up in a corner. I glanced at her as she shook her head letting me know there wasn't anything in the one she had looked into. I went to the next one that had a closed door. I could hear voices in this room.

     "You think he's in there?" She whispered even lower this time.

     "Will you knock it off with the questions already?" I gritted my teeth in response then motioned toward Lane to move toward the other side and then I counted to three before I hit the button that opened the door and we both went into the room holding our weapons up. It was some man and woman sitting at a table talking. I raised my hand as they both looked scared and moved away from us.

     "I am so sorry, I'm just looking for somebody." I lowering my weapon as did Lane. "Tall man wearing silver armor and helmet? you didn't happen to see him did you?" I asked.

     "He went down the hall." Spoke the woman with a frightened voice holding on for dear life to the man.

     "Thanks." I smiled. "Sorry about the interruption, enjoy your day." I waited until Lane moved out before I pushed the button that closed the door.

     "Now what?" Lane asked "Or should we just keep busting down more doors and scaring the piss out of people?"

     "He has to be here somewhere." Then headed down the hall and reached a T intersection, where we both took a side and then stepped out into the hall aiming in opposite directions. I glanced at her. She just took a deep breath. "You go that way, I go this way?" I suggested. "First one that finds him lets the other know, cool?"

     "Yes ma'am." She nodded

     "Stay out of sight and be careful." 

     "Aww, you do care." She joked headed down the hall she was facing as I headed down the other side keeping my guard up. I took another glance back toward Lane as she slowly made her way down her corridor.

     "Maybe I should've given him a com." I whispered to myself as I kept peeking into empty rooms, some filled with boxes, some with crates, some with junk and some even with metal parts. "Where the hell are you?" I whispered checking another room. I moved further down the hall not liking the fact that it was getting harder to see and colder the further I went down. My heart was pounding inside my chest as I heard strange noises every now and then. Sounds like scratching or growling, sounds you didn't want to hear while walking down dark halls. 

I actually jumped a couple of times aiming my weapon in the direction of the sound, feeling stupid when nothing was there. Then breathed a sigh of relief to find that it was only some mechanical piece that was shifting from the ice that had built up on it. I rounded the next corner and that's when I saw Mando standing outside of the door in the snow and wind aiming his rifle off into the distance. I put my hood up and headed outside toward him I stood next to him shivering. "What the hell Mando? What are you doing?" I asked him as I looked at him, "We're looking all over for you, we need to get the hell outta here." He turned toward me then pointed out toward the spot he had been looking at. I turned and saw the ships parked, there were at least four that I could see through the snow. I could also see some movement, but it was hard because of the wind burning my eyes and the snow blocking most of my view. He had taken off the scope from his rifle and handed it to me. I looked through it and that's where I see that there were more than four ships and what looked like at least fifty men all dressed in the white armor.

     "Holy crap. That's a lot of guys." I handing him back his scope. "What the hell." I shook my head worrying now.

     "It seems your friend has got himself mixed in with the wrong side."

     "He's not my friend." I stated toward him. "I take it those are the bad guys then?" I was concerned.

     "If you want to call them that, then yes. They are the bad guys." He nodded.

     "Great." I answered. "Do I need to worry here?"

     "I would think so." He stressed. "This shouldn't be taken lightly. Whatever this man is planning, he's planning using everything he can and by the looks of it, he's not willing to let anyone stop him. If I had to guess he also has a battle cruiser which is far faster and heavily gunned then your ship."

     "Bet you're glad you asked for that ride now, huh?" 

A/N Last one for now, I will get a new one sometime later. 

1336W