Baby it's cold outside

"What do you want? I'm busy." He snapped, moving around tilting his screen trying to see past my shoulder and down the hall.

     "What's wrong with you?" I asked him, he made a sound like he was clearing his throat, even though officially he didn't have one, just a long silver contracting pipe that had colorful wires attached to it.

     "Nothing." He stammered a bit, then turned to look at me. "There's nothing wrong, why would there be something wrong? Why do you always think there's something wrong? Humans, always thinking somethings wrong. Don't you have something better to do than to bother me? Something wrong...ha."

     "Well you've hiding since Mando came on board. So what's going on? You're not scared of him are you?"

     "Me??? Scared???" He spoke louder to emphasize that fact.

     "Oh hey Mando." Lane pretended as she smiled. NED turned completely yellow and tried to sink back into the slot, but I grabbed his tubbing and held on tight, it was like trying to wrestle a snake, not that I've had the pleasure of wrestling a snake. eww .

     "Let me go!" He demanded trying to go back in, "LET ME GO!!!"

     "He's not out here, now calm down." I stated. If NED did have a heart, it would be beating fast, but slowing down as he calmed down a bit and looking around again to make sure for himself, he stopped struggling. "Now spill it, why are you so scared of him?" I relaxed my grip a bit. He turned to look around again making sure for himself. He turned his screen toward me. It was swirling yellow and red this time.

     "Because I told you already, he is dangerous, he's a Mandalorian." He got closer. "Don't you realize who his people are?" He spoke in a low whisper. "They are an elite warrior based society, nearly extinct, or at least that's what they want people to think." He turned toward Lane. "If I had to guess, I'd say they were in hiding somewhere, just waiting to come out." He turned toward me again. "Forming their numbers, biding their time." He put a lot of emphasis on his words. "There could be thousands of them, millions of them! Just waiting to resurface and cause destruction to those enemies that treated them badly." He said. "They will strike us all down." He turned toward Lane again and saw Mando standing behind her listening to him, NED chuckled. "Or not." He said and then sunk back into his spot so fast that he kept hitting it wrong a couple of times and had to come back out and fix himself. Before he was gone back into the ship. I looked at Lane who was grinning and who shrugged. Rassen took a drink.

     "Told ya." He said then slightly burped. I looked over at Mando who just stood there.

     "Crazy computer." I told him. Lane glanced back.

     "Would you like another bowl Love?" She asked starting to get up.

      "No, I'm good." He answered then walked over to set the bowl down on the table. "It was really good thank you." He told Rassen who nodded. I heard a click and then NED's voice over the coms.

     "Coming up on Dellis three, I'll drop us out of light speed and bring us in slow." NED spoke over the com calmly as he felt safer being inside the ship and not out where he felt valuable. I took a deep sigh and headed toward the control room where I could see the planet coming into view. I sat down and switched a few buttons making sure we were going to be coming in slow. A voice came across the speaker com, fuzzy and breaking up a bit as it did, but I managed to understand it.

     "Unknown ship, please state your business?" asked a female voice over the com.

     "We need a repair bay if you have one available." I replied.

     "I can guide you into repair bay thirty three B seven." She said

     "That would be great, but I also need a tow carrier if you have one of those." I added.

     "Sending one out now." She replied, "It will take you straight to repair bay thirty three B seven. Enjoy your stay."

     "Thank you." The com went silent as Mando walked in and sat down. I noticed that the planet looked a bit white with spots of yellow here and there. "Does this planet look cold to you?" I then switched the holographic table on and watched as the planet rotated slowly above the table. It showed various spots where people were and one huge cluster of a social community.

     "It would seem so." He answered. I sighed again. "It's also a thriving industrial community, it would be best if we laid low while we're here."

     "Great, a cold planet with a lot of people." I replied and switched the table off. A few minutes later I watched as the tow carrier connected to Mando's ship. I released the cables and followed the ship in. It was snowy and icy as we flew closer to a bay with a giant 33B7 marked on the top. The doors over the bay opened and the tow carrier swung Mando's ship around and set it gently inside the bay. I maneuvered mine and landed next to his, I looked up as the bay doors closed above us. Little bits of ice crashed onto the windows and melted down in streaks. I got up as I turned off the engines but kept the warming system up, I then headed toward the back. "You didn't tell me it was going to be a cold planet." I told Rassen as I slipped on my gloves.

     "Oh yea, Tye, Dellis is a cold planet." He said in a sarcastic voice. "Does it really matter, it's an off the route planet, hidden from prying eyes."

     "Smart ass." I shook my head as I went back toward my room to grab a thicker coat. I hated being cold as much as I hated being hot. I came back out as I was putting it on. Lane had grabbed her coat as well and Rassen just buttoned up his jacket. He was also grabbing tools he'll need and dropping them into a bag near the door. I looked at Temen, "You want to come?" I asked him.

     "Oh, no thank you, I will stay here and look after the little one." He smiled as he went over toward Sprocket and picked up the makeshift bassinet off end of the couch and pulled it closer toward him. He set it onto the couch and sat next to it. "He will be protected under my care." He added looking at Mando in reassurance. Lane slipped on her gloves as she glanced at me.

     "This should be fun, I wonder how many pubs they have and if any of them serve Curr?" She whispered. Rassen had grabbed the two big bags and flung them over his shoulders, then picked up the large case.

     "Do you need help?" Mando asked him. He shook his head.

     "Nope, I've got it." He answered. I pressed the button to lower the hatch door as a cool breeze blew in from outside of the ship.

     "NED, set the shields and switch to the inner doors to keep the cold air out of here." I told him. I watched as a shimmer came down blocking the cold from coming in. "Flip on the heaters as well." I added before we stepped out of the ship and down the hatch as the inner doors closed, there were two long windows in them so we could see in and Temen could see out. We were greeted by a sluggish type of man, half of his body was semi human and the lower half was aslaug. He reminded me of a merchant I used to know way back when. If I had to guess, he was the same species. 

A/N

Nice, the glitch is gone, I was able to fix the few spots that I wanted and I think I got all the typos. 

1366 W.