Broken Hoses and Green Goo

We found ourselves on a planet we had never been on, in a sector we have never visited before. But here we are, sitting in a repair bay due to the fact that the fuel hose decided to start spewing green goo all over the place and inside the hatch in the floor. Which not only cause the whole ship to smell like someone was grilling snails, but also filled the ship with a toxic fume that caused us to have to wear suit pucks so we could breathe until we found a place to land and fix it. So Rassen found this planet and here we are, fixing the fuel hose once again.

          And as much as I just loved working on the ship all the time due to the fact that it was constantly falling apart, it was still a huge hassle. This was the last known DX-7 Class Starfighter there was in existence, so that meant, no replaceable parts. And I also knew the ship was old and had to be rebuilt from the landing pads on up, when it had been blown apart, thanks to a certain man, during the Cartainion War. But to still have the same problems as before? I would think that the same problems that it had before would have been fixed or at least changed to something else that might work. But nope, here we are sitting in a repair bay once again working on the fuel systems mainly due to the fact that they don't make the part anymore and we still have to finagle another hose into it's spot and make it work. Until that part stops working because of it melting the plastic/glass/metal type of material and the hose goes. This time however, the fuel that I had gotten had a chemical reaction that turned the fuel that was still in the tanks into this green goo and when the hose blew so did all the green goo. That was on me, I should've have went somewhere else instead of that space station. Oops, My bad

         I had been in the control room cleaning all the goo off of the control table that managed to ooze its way up. I stood there wiping it down and using a pink foaming liquid to dissolve it. It took some time but it was getting clean. I was also enjoying my music from Earth that I managed to bring with me the last time we were there. And Rassen with his extreme talents, rigged the whole thing up, adding speakers, a volume control and making sure it could feed into my room and Lanes. Where we could control it from there as well. He was very resourceful. 

         Lane was under the ship pulling the parts off and dipping them into a dissolving solution that was supposed to get rid of it, but it was working extremely slow and it was testing her patients. She wasn't enjoying the job, but did it nonetheless. She threw a piece into the bin and thought that if and when she got another ship, she would be able to repair it herself if need be, so this task was educating her to some point. She knew Rassen wouldn't help her no matter how much she begged. She mumbled under her breath about wishing she had a ship of her own so she could be somewhere else and not underneath mine fixing recurring problems. But she also loved my ship due to all the extra gizmos that were added. Things some of her old ship didn't have, things she wished she did have. That was until it got destroyed. So that dream was shattered.

          Temen was also on board the ship, Sometimes we didn't include him on our journeys due to the fact that he needed to be on his planet taking care of his people, but he found he could now just meditate to recharge his body. It was something he found he needed to do in order to keep his healing powers intact and be able to communicate with his people. He stayed with us instead of being on his planet, which I didn't always agree with, because I felt a planet needed their king in order to maintain diplomacy, But he could be in two places at once. Which I also found weird, but he was an alien and he was capable of doing things that still to this day, shocked the hell out of me. In all honesty I think he felt safer with us since we helped him so long ago, so now he just stayed around a lot and I didn't mind. Even if he didn't help with the fighting being a pacifist, he was still there to help with the healing. So we didn't need to worry about, cuts and bruises or deep wounds. He could heal it and we'd be fine. But it did take a toll on his body when he did it, so he sat most of the time in order to recharge his inner being, which meant we had a meditating statue that sat in a corner on a red pillow engulfed in a blue haze to look at. Lane had joked at one point that we should add little lights to the swirling haze and see if they floated. That way we could have a disco ball.