The Tin Man

"I'm looking for Tyler Sinclair, I was told I could find him here?" Asked a voice behind us, breaking our conversation. We both looked over at a tall man, wearing full silver armor and a silver helmet. The weapons he was carrying caught my eye including the wrist bracers that looked really cool. I glanced at Lane as I stepped out from under the ship with Lane following behind as she wiped off her hands to inspect him as well.

            "And who told you that?" I asked.

            "A man in town said he was out here fixing his ship, said I could secure myself a ride." he told me. I took a quick glanced back at Lane who leaned in and whispered toward me.

            "He?" she repeated adding a grin. "I knew there was something off about you." I nudged her as I cleared my throat.

            "Yeah? Well the guy in town is a moron, and blind." I told him "So what do you want Tin-man?"

           "Maybe he's searching for a heart." Lane jokes, I took another glance back at her again and slightly chuckled.

         "Are you Tyler Sinclair?" He asked, as I walked past him heading over to another part of the ship.

         "Maybe, maybe not, just depense. Do I owe you money?" I stopped near a panel.

       "No." He answered.

       "Then I'm Tyler Sinclair." I nodded as I opened the panel to make sure there wasn't any of the goo inside. "Now, what do you want?"

        "I need a ride to Solas Five, it's extremely important." He told me. I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.

      "Why? You planning on breaking someone out?" I grinned.

     "No." 

     "Then why go there?" I laced my arms across my chest. He took a look over at Lane who was still standing there listening as well. He sighed.

     "I can't tell you that."

     "Then you can go away," I gave him a two finger salute. "See ya Tinman." I moved away again toward another panel. He followed.

      "Look, I need to get there as quick as possible. I was told there would be no questions asked." He spoke in desperation.

     "Oh yeah? Was it from the same guy in town that told you I was a guy?" I smiled as I pulled the panel off and looked inside, then shut it back when I didn't find anything. "Maybe you need to go back and ask him for a ride. Because no one gets on board my ship without a damn good reason." I looked at him. "I don't care how important it is." 

         "You might want to tell her or you'll never get a ride love." Lane told him as she wiped a piece clean and set it down. He glanced at her then walked over toward me.

         "Someone stole my ship, and my cargo, and I need it back." He watched as I wiggled a small wire to make sure it was attached, then closed and locked the hatch. 

         "Yeah? Who?" I turned toward him. He took another deep sigh.

         "A Mul-rak." He answered. I snickered then hid it.

         "I'm sorry, did you say a Mul-rak stole your ship?" I repeated as I heard Lane, who was doing her best to not to laugh in front of him. 

(Mul-rak's were these creatures who were this awful shade of purple, extremely greasy looking things, that looked like someone was constantly choking them so their eyes were popped out. Think of one of those stress dolls that you squeeze and the eyes and ears pop out? now paint it purple and that was a Mul-rak. They also had these weird little suction type antennas on their heads that wiggled all the time and just creeped me out looking at them. They used these antennas to shoot out a nasty smelling gel as a defense mechanism that temporarily blinded someone so they can get away. They weren't very smart, but they were very arrogant. They were also very slippery creatures that if you didn't grab them a certain way they could and would slip right out of your hands leaving behind this awful film that took forever to get rid of. Most people just avoided them all together because of this fact.)