Uprising

(Photo is not mine)

     "But you told him? Is he more important than I am?" He motioned toward Mando who was standing there silent. I looked back toward Rassen who was scowling at me.

     "Of course he's not more important than you Rassen, he was there when I found out."

     "And Lane? Does she know?" He moved around toward me.

     "Yes she knows, she's the one that saw him and told me." I sighed trying to explain it all and feeling horrible that he was about the only one of the crew that didn't know. I could see the offended look written across his face. 

     "Okay, so, you know, he knows, Lane knows, Temen knows, and I am the only one that doesn't know? Right?" He moved away. "What about the kid? did you tell him?"

     "Come one Rassen be serious."

     "No, this is what pisses me off, you weren't even going to tell me, because I didn't need to know that this man who tried to kill us is back and he's on this planet." I took a glanced toward Mando. Then sighed again.

     "Look Rassen, like I said I was hoping that I didn't need too. I know how you feel about this asshole after what he did to your planet. I didn't want you going in shooting up the place to get to him. It's bad enough Lane got herself caught and I can't do anything about it, I didn't need you running in half cocked doing anything."

     "Lane got caught? By Lord Clairo?" he seemed shocked at that.

     "No, by the guys, these Stormtroopers. But he did talk to her and was looking for me. I guess he's not too happy about us destroying his ship and now he's wanting to punish me for it since I was the one that did it." I walked away from him and over toward the kitchen area where I grabbed a cup and filled it with hot 'coffee' then took a sip as he moved closer.

     "What are Stormtroopers?" He asked confused as we all were at who these men were, so the question wasn't a bad one, hell we all asked.

     "Some sort of solder that's working for him, I don't know the whole deal about them." I told him moving past and sitting down in the chair next to the small control table. "I just know they're bad."

     "They're far worse than what you may have encountered before, They have bigger ships, bigger guns, and faster men." Mando chimed in as Rassen glanced at him with disdain in his eyes as he walked closer toward me. I continued,

     "Look, as far as I know, he's supposed to let her go in, 30 minutes or something like that, give or take. I don't know if he's really going to keep his word, but on the off chance he does. I'm not holding my breath here. I told her to stay away from incase they put a tail on her." I took a sip and set the cup down.

     "And you really expect her to do that?" He folded his arms across his chest. "You and I both know she never does anything she's told especially if you tell her, it's all about Lane and no one else. "

     "Well, hopefully this time she listen since it was her fault for getting us into this."

     "So do we need to worry about these Stormtroopers finding us? How do you know they didn't follow you back here?"

     "I doubt that." Mando added "They don't know where we are and they can't see in this storm. I'm sure you'll be safe." Rassen turned to glare at him.

     "Was I asking you?" He stated toward him anger in his voice.

     "Rassen, knock it off." I snapped at him. "Stop being rude." He pointed toward Mando.

     "We wouldn't be in this situation if we hadn't helped him. It's his fault." He turned toward me.

     "No it's not, its Lanes fault. If she would've left when I told her too, we wouldn't be in this situation. He would've left and wouldn't even know we were here. But she wouldn't listen to me when I told her to leave and she got caught, she had a confrontation with Lord Clairo and now he is looking for us again, because she wouldn't leave. So if you want to blame someone you blame Lane, she did this, not him, so get off his ass."

     "Talking about me again while my backs turned, how typical." Lane replied as she walked in behind Mando. I stood up. "Any coffee left? I've got a hangover from hell."

    "What the hell are you doing here? I thought I told you not to come back to the ship? Have you lost your freaking mind. Why don't you ever listen?"

    "Whoa, whoa whoa relax mate." She raised her hands in defense. "Let me explain before you bite my head off."

     "Okay, explain why you don't ever listen to me."

     "Look, I was in that room, chained to that wall waiting to be released knowing damn well he wasn't about to do it because you know, Lord Clairo being a dick and all. Plus I was having fun pissing off those guys, they really hated me." I took a glance toward Rassen who was about to say something, but I shook my head forcing him to not speak at that moment. Lane continued "When all of a sudden this huge group of men and creatures came barreling down the corridor, and I thought great, now what? And those Stormtroopers started shooting at everyone, I mean everyone just blasting them away like they didn't matter. But they were overpowered by the others. Next thing I know this man comes running in, un-cuffs me and shows me where some hidden tunnels were that lead to the repair bays that they used a long time ago to escape from the Empire. He told me where to go and which turn to take, so I got in and I found ours and here I am, I came up through the hatch back there behind the barrels. End of story." She smiled. "Can I have that coffee now?" I took a glance toward Mando.

     "So everybody in that pub started to go after them and attack the Stormtroopers for no reason?" I watched her reaching for a cup and pouring the coffee inside.

     "Yeah, I guess, they were shouting 'Never again.' whatever that means. But, hey as long as their rage wasn't directed at me, I didn't care what they were doing. I just got out of there as quick as I could and let them have their fun. I wasn't about to get in the middle of it. There were far too many of them." She took a sip and then looked at me. "And don't worry love, They didn't see me go down the tunnel, and they didn't follow me. You can relax, we're safe."

     "We better be." I sighed and looked at Rassen who was still standing there anger was turning his face beet red. "But I think someone else might be a bit pissed at you as well." Lane turned to look over at Rassen as well.

     "What's up little man? You have something interesting to add?" she grinned as she walked past to sit down at the table setting her cup down as she did.

A/N Rassen's pissed, Lane better watch out, stay tuned for the next exciting Chapter to Blood and Money.

1259W