Payback

(Photo is not mine)

     "They attacked you?" Asked one. "Didn't they say they weren't here to hurt anyone?" he looked toward one of the other men. 

     "That man did say he was only here to pick up those imperial prisoners." answered another. "He told everyone that no harm would come to anyone in the town as long as we complied."

     "And then they attacked you?" asked the first one again toward me. 

     "Yeah." I nodded. 

     "Why would they attack just you?" asked the third on my left. "What did you do to them to provoke them?"

     "Hey, we didn't do anything, we were walking down the hall and they came around the corner pointing guns in our faces. I don't know about you, but I don't like it when someone points a gun in my face. I had every right to defend myself when someone is being a dick." 

Mando stepped up behind me, I could feel his hand on my arm as though he was trying to tell me "let's just go." But I wasn't moving just yet.

     "That means they lied to everyone, they weren't here for just those prisoners, they came to try and control this town after the last rebellion, they want this town back." The second one spoke, anger flared in his voice. "I told you that letting them stay was a bad idea. We should have told them to leave when they first arrived."

     "Then let's ask them to leave, I'm not about to become a slave for the Empire again." replied the first man who then turned toward me. "You go ahead and go, we'll take care of this." I was confused as I glanced back at Mando.

     "I can't ask you to do that. It's kind of our problem."

    "No it's our problem, we allowed them to come. But you go on, we've got them." Spoke the second one as he walked past me over toward the men and grabbed one lifting him off the ground like a feather. "They came here and started this, so we'll take care of them." Then grabbed another and did the same thing. The other two men walked past and one grabbed the other two as the third one opened a door and they tossed them inside. "I'm sure there'll be more, they're like bugs you can't get rid of, go on while you have the chance." One turned to speak toward me. "We will not allow them to retake this town once again. We'll keep them busy."

     "Are you sure?" I wasn't sure myself about getting anyone else involved in what was going on. They really didn't know what Lord Clairo was capable of. 

     "We've been tormented by the Empire for far to long, it's time they realize that we are not going to stand for this. It's time they find out just how strong this town is." Spoke the other on my right side "They've had this coming, now it's our turn."

     "Let's go." Mando grabbed my arm again and pulled me behind him as he walked away.

     "Okay, Thanks" I told them as he rounded the corner toward the door we had been through before that led outside in the cold. I looked back toward the three men who were coming into view as they fought the Stormtroopers that were also rounding the corner. "Shit, here comes more." I told Mando as He looked over my shoulder, then headed out of the door. He pressed the button that shut it behind us. He then pressed a button on his cuff and welded the lock to keep it from opening as he rushed over toward the ledge. I watched him looking around and then reaching up ripping the piece of brown cloth down from the overhead pole. I could hear the pounding on the door and I looked back to see the troopers trying to get through. Then saw others that rushed up behind them and started knocking them down beating them up. I could hear the blaster fire from on the other side of the door. I turned my attention back toward Mando who was now twisting the cloth and tossed it over the thick silver wire between the buildings. He then grabbed my arm and pulled me close as he held on.

     "Don't let go." He told me, then both of us slid down the wire heading for the huge power cell that was cracking with sparks because of our weight. Before we got to the bottom, the wire snapped and we both fell about five feet landing into a snowbank. I rolled out of it a little sore from the impact as he stood up and looked toward the top of the building were we had started. He saw the Stormtroopers through his visor, but they couldn't see us because of the heavy snow that was blowing everywhere and the visibility was horrible. He grabbed my hand as he pulled me along sticking to the safety of the building as he did. I couldn't see a damn thing and used my free arm to cover my face from the snow blowing against it. Every now and then I lost my footing and went back, but Mando caught me and pulled me closer. It felt like we were trying to run through mud, it was difficult and took a lot of energy to try and maintain footing sloshing through. If I had said anything to him he wouldn't have heard me, the wind was loud pounding in my ears. We managed to make it back to the repair bay and went inside with him pushing me in first and the door closing behind him locking it in place. I leaned over trying to catch my breath and feeling the loud pounding still filling my ear. "Damn it." I mumbled to myself, then stood up straight taking a few breaths. I focused on the ship and saw Rassen coming out as I lowered my hood and brushed off the snow from my coat. I headed up the ramp walking past him and he didn't look happy at all.

     "What Happened?" He asked more in an angry tone, then in a concerned tone walking in behind me.

     "It's snowing really bad." I told him taking my coat off and tossing it over the chair next to the second control table near the door.

    "Somethings wrong. Where's Lane? I thought you went to go get her? And look she's not here. So what's going on? And don't lie to me again!" He snapped as Mando walked in as well and stood near the door. I looked at Rassen as he stood there with a scowl across his face. Before I could answer, Temen came out of his trance and stood up. He faced me with the look of fear.

     "Lord Clairo has returned." He spoke. Rassen looked at him in shock.

     "What?"

    "Lord Clairo has returned." Temen repeated moving over to the couch and sitting down near Sprocket. Rassen raised his hand.

     "Let me get this straight," He then looked at me. "The man that hunted us, nearly killed us, built a huge planet destroying ship and slaughtered millions of innocent lives is back from the dead? How is that even possible?" he glared at me.

     "He must've escaped somehow."

     "And when were you going to tell me?"

     "Honestly I wasn't going to tell you, I was hoping we could avoid the whole thing, be outta here before anything could happen." I walked over to where Sprocket was asleep on the couch. I reached down and stroked his little soft cheek as he cooed. "But that didn't quite work out like I wanted."

A/N hope you like this chapter, I'll try and get another one here soon

1273W