Sabotage

"No it's not" He looked at it and tried to unhook it from the spot.

       "Maybe Rassen put it there to help." I watched him clipping the wires apart.

       "Unless he was trying to sabotage your ship, I wouldn't think he would put this here." He unclipped the green wire with the small black box it was attached to and moved the two ends of the blue wire back together and placed them back against the control board where he snapped them back into place.

       "What is it anyway?"

       "This is a signal blocker, it scrambles the computer and the hyperdrive." He told me showing me the piece he held in his hand. I took it from his hand and went to the back where Rassen was sitting and eating. I tossed it on the table in front of him.

       "Do you know what that is?" I watched him stop eating and pick it up turning it in his hand.

       "It's a signal blocker. Where did you find it?" He didn't look guilty, he didn't look like he had been caught, he looked just as confused as I was.

       "It was attached to the hyperdrive behind the panel in the control room." He looked at me.

       "What?" He was shocked and still confused.  He looked over at Lane holding the piece up for her to see it. "Did you attach this to the hyperdrive, when I asked you to run the coax wire together?" She glared at him.

       "Listen here old man," She got defensive. "I don't even know where the hyperdrive is in the control room. I ran the other wires just like you told me, but that was under the control table and that's all I did." She pointed at it. "So how I could attach something like that, when I don't even know what it is."

       "You never know, you're always screwing things up." She started to walk toward him but I stopped her. 

       "You keep accusing me and I'm going to drown you like an old rat." She threaten pointing a finger toward him as she pressed toward my hand holding her back. 

       "Calm down, both of you." I told them. "No one is saying anyone here is guilty of doing this. I'm just trying to find out how this got in there." I sighed, then glanced around. "Has anyone been on board the ship besides us?" Everyone, except Mando, shook their heads thinking about it. "Well, someone got on board when we weren't here. They attached this thing to the hyperdrive so it would short out every time we needed to use it." I told them taking the piece from Rassen's hand. Lane shook her head,

          "How would they even get on board, we always set the security system when we leave." She pointed out. "Unless Rassen forgot too."  Rassen ignored her and slowly shook his head in  frustration at himself.

          "I never thought about looking behind that panel, I thought it was the engine itself." He felt stupid. "I could've found it a long time ago."

          "Look, I'm more concerned about who the hell got on board and attached this thing to my ship."

           "You could always ask NED." Lane suggested "He's the only one that's here all the time Besides sleeping beauty." She motioned toward Temen who was still meditating through this whole conversation. But she was right, NED would know if someone had got on board.

           "NED?" I called for him. He popped out of a slot next to Mando, Shook like he had been startled, turned bright yellow and sunk back into the slot just as fast. He slowly came out of another slot on the other side of where I had been standing.

          "What do you want?" staying as close to the slot as he could. His screen still swirling yellow.

          "Did someone come on board the ship when we weren't here?" I asked him. He turned his screen toward me.