Karma's a Bitch

"That man? He's taken on a Mudhorn?" he asked confused as to how a guy his height could've taking on a Mudhorn, when he almost died because of one. I nodded toward him.

          "Oh yeah," I started to tell him the story to pass the time, why not? 

          "We landed on this planet, I don't remember the name off hand, sorry. But Temen said he could use some of the mud and plants that were around for some thing he does, and well I'm always willing to help Temen with whatever he needs to do. Plus we weren't doing anything anyway, we were in between deliveries." I moved my hand as I did when I talked. 

          "But I guess we landed in its territory or something and right before we got off the ship, we felt this huge jolt. It had smashed head first into the side of the ship." I looked at him. "That's where that big dent on the back came from." Not as though he noticed or cared about the huge dent on my ship. I kept going.

         "Anyway, we got out and there ready to charge at us again was this huge rhino looking animal covered with muddy hair, with just one huge horn, Have you seen one before? those things were huge."

        He nodded and I kept on with the story. "Well, we shot at it a couple of times and that didn't faze it, it fact it pissed it off and it came running up the ramp toward us. But stopped because he couldn't get in and moved back out." I remembered as though it was yesterday. "Next thing I know Rassen's running out of the ship screaming and charging this huge thing with his staff and swung at it like a mad man." I smiled remembering him sounding like a crazy man running up to it. 

         "I think it was confused to see this little man swinging a staff at it and just stood there for a while unfazed by him hitting it and he was really hitting it hard too. So it swung its head at him and a nailed him in the chest sending him backwards. We thought he was dead, so Lane and I both ran out to charge at it, shooting and dodging out of its way, rolling around in mud, slipping everywhere, it was comical." I looked at him once more. 

         "Somehow Rassen had gotten under it and sliced it open, from neck to belly. His staff can do this thing where all he has to do is twist it with both hands and a really long blade comes popping out of the top. So that's what he did. That thing fell over like a redwood tree." I shook my head as I looked back at the control table. "I've never seen anything like it before in my life. He came walking up to us covered in mud from head to toe and had the nerve to say 'That's how it's done' like we weren't even trying or anything. But yeah, he took it down." I sighed and heard the alarm showing we had reached our destination. "He scares me sometimes with how much he faces danger head on, if it wasn't for his staff that can come apart at different sections with different weapons, I don't think he would've been able to take it down." I looked at him and leaned in a bit so only he could hear me. "But you didn't hear me say that." I finished the story and reached over and pushed the lever up taking the ship out of hyperdrive. "It's really nice to have this back in use. I am really loving this." I told him changing the subject. I waited until we were close enough before they called to us for us to head over to landing pad three. I headed toward it and we landed, setting down softly. "It shouldn't take long for us to off load this." I turned the ship off hitting switches and buttons.

          "I can help if you like." I shrugged.

          "If you want." I stood up heading toward the back, " It's grunt work." I grabbed the small flat screen and pressed a few buttons on it showing the load and the content. Plus the price for delivery. I hit the button for the hatch as everyone else stood up waiting by the door. Temen was still meditating so we just left him there. Lane grabbed her gloves as she looked at me.