Sprocket

"So is he gunna be okay?" I looked at the little guy laying on my bed softly breathing. It was sort of hard to see him from where I was standing due to the room not being large enough and not being able to hold this many people at one time. Lane couldn't see anything at all because she was behind me so she just sighed deeply and just leaned against the desk. She looked down and reached over to play with one of the glass balls I had sitting on my desk. I tilted my head back around Mando to look at Temen, who nodded as he moved his hands over him, then sighed deeply in relief.

     "He will be fine. I have warmed him, but he needs rest. Would you hand me that basket?" I of course couldn't reach it so I tapped Mando's arm and pointed toward the basket in the corner.

     "Would you give him that black basket right there, the one with the silver handles?" He was closer. He reached over and picked it up, he took out the flat pads from inside of it. He handed them to me and I in turn handed them to Lane who then set them onto the desk where she was standing. I watched as Temen took the basket and then picked up my thin purple blanket off my bed, folded it into a smaller square and place it inside the basket. He then carefully lifted up the little one and set him inside and tucked him in with the extra piece he had left out. He gently picked up the makeshift bassnett and handed it to Mando. "He will be safe in here where he can rest." He assured him as they started for the door to leave. I backed up pressing against Lane who leaned back against the desk to allow Mando to walk past me and out of the door carrying the basket. Temen stopped in front of us noticing our discomfort.

     "Are you alright?" Seeing that we were both uncomfortable being shoved against the desk.

     "Peachy." I smiled at him giving him a thumbs up still leaning against Lane. Temen walked out of the room as Lane pushed me.

    "Get off." She stood up straight and fixed her jacket.

     "You know you loved it." I joked as I chuckled at her, she tossed me the glass ball and left the room shaking her head. 

     "Bitch." She mumbled under her breath. 

     "Slut." I replied back toward her and set the ball back into it's holder on the desk as we followed behind Mando who sat the basket on the table between the couches. I walked over to look at the little guy asleep sweetly inside, now being able to get a better look at him. He was softly snoring, which was so adorable that it could melt anyone's heart who heard it.

     "He's soooo adorable." I spoke softly as Lane walked up to look at him as well. "I've never seen anything like him before." I reached in and gently touched his little cheek. "He's so soft."

     "He is something." She agreed. "He's definitely a cutie."

     "What species is he?" I gently caressed the little guys cheek and forehead which were warm to the touch.

     "No one knows for sure." He answered.

     "Well, he is super cute." I was still looking at him and then sighed as I stood up straight and cleared my throat. "Anyway, I'm gunna go check on Rassen and make sure everything's good and we aren't being followed." I then headed toward the control room where Rassen was getting up from my seat after he finished setting the navigational computer and hitting the hyperdrive controls.

     "I found a remote planet in the Dellis System, it's named Dellis three. Go figure but it should be far enough away that we won't be detected. Its way out on the outer rim of the Tomasission system near the Omnium sun crest. We should be safe there as long as we don't attract attention, so let's keep a low profile." He pointed out toward me as he started to walk past. I moved toward my seat.

     "Everything you just said, made no sense to me, but okay, Thanks." I sat down, but then turned toward him. "Rassen?" He stopped to look back at me. "He's gunna need help fixing his ship, you cool with that?"

     "As long as he knows that it will take time, an electrical system on board ships aren't a quick fix, rerouting all the wire and coax cables doesn't happen overnight, I don't care how good you are." He sighed as he continued. "It might need new connectors and new blockers to keep it from happening again. I may need to add new surges and coax interrupters to the main ports and add battery backups to certain spots." He scratched his beard as he thought. "It's gunna take some time getting those wires through unless I have a wire feeder, let's hope the next place we stop has one or it'll take longer to do it by hand."

     "Well, I'm sure Mando wants to work on his own ship to help move things along faster and we can help with it as well, you have two extra people."

      "Absolutely not, no, no, no, no. You don't remember the last time you all helped me with anything electrical? You shorted out the whole control table, the left side of the ship and the hatch releases. Which by the way almost opened while we were in space and we had to wear suit pucks for two days to keep from freezing to death while I fixed it. Let's also not mention that the EP cannon wouldn't recede which drew a lot of unwanted attention for us." He reminded me of that one, we had an angry Nav computer for two days until he fixed it. He continued. "One wrong wire in the wrong spot and it'll fry the whole system again. So no thank you."

     "So you do want our help?" I joked. He glared at me not finding the joke funny at all.

     "I said NO, Just stay away. I would much rather do it myself. That way I know it's done right, and I'll only have myself to blame if anything goes wrong."

     "Okay, So what do we do while you're working on his ship?" 

     "I don't care, do what you normally do, enjoy the town or whatever. Just stay out of my way and keep under the radar, no attention. The less of that we have the better, we don't need any heat on us right now."

     "Yes sir." I saluted him, "Love you, mean it." I smiled as he turned to leave still talking under his breath about things he will need to use to fix Mando's ship and how we screwed things up. I chuckled at him as he did. Mando walked in watching Rassen walk past mumbling under his breath.

     "Is he alright?" He asked concerned, I nodded.

      "Yeah, he's fine. Make one mistake and never live it down." He sat in the other seat. He didn't know the whole story and I really didn't need to tell him. He probably didn't really want to know anyway. He stayed quiet for a few minutes as I looked over the controls, double checking everything, not that I needed too. It was just a force of habit to make sure things were running correctly. He then broke the silence.

      "About earlier, at the hatch. I know you were just trying to help." I waved my hand toward him as a way to let him know to let it go.

     "No big deal, I would've done the same thing, probably worse than what you did." I took my gloves off and glanced down at my hand. "But, if it happens again. I'll sucker punch you in the throat." I smiled toward him, then looked at my hand. It was worse than before, the old black and blue spots were turning purple across the knuckles. It still wasn't broken and I could still move it, but it was tight from the swelling and hurt as I did. I really need to stop punching people with hard faces or learn to use my left hand more. 

A/N well, whatcha think? Sprocket is here!!!! Yes,that is officially my name for baby yoda, since he officially doesn't have a name and since Tye wouldn't officially know what a yoda was, she couldn't officially call him baby yoda. How do you like my officially's??? hahahaha I have officially lost it.  

1503 W.

More coming soon! But until then read all of this first and then comment and then add a star and then officially be my friend. haha

A/N I have officially revised this section. I took a some out. 

1486W