Chapter 26

" he is lying. " Kevin bawled " I never came here I was at my house all the time. "

" they are not lying you are lying. " Jacob pointed at Kevin and gritted his teeth.

" what this man saying is true? " Albert asked all the other guards pointing at one who told him about Kevin and all of them nodded.

" look one can lie but ten can't. " Jacob said.

" I don't know why they are saying so, but I didn't. " Kevin moved to Ariana " Ani do you think I've done this and why would I. What- "

" because you are Vanessa's brother. " Jacob interjected.

" Are you out of your minds. "

" he is Vanessa's brother? " Albert confounded.

" Uncle Albert we'll tell you everything later but first we have to deal with this traitor. " Carl pointed at Kevin

" Carl you also. What happened to you? You were such a good friend. "

" not after knowing your truth. "

" what truth? " he humphed " I'm not- " before Kevin could say anything else Jacob grabbed the collar of his shirt " stop pretending. Where are the mysticals? "

" leave me Jacob. "

" not unless you tell the truth. "

" Ani why aren't you saying anything to them? " Kevin said trying to release himself from Jacobs clutches.

" she won't say anything because now she also knows who you really are. Now tell everything or we'll have to adopted some harsh methods. "

Kevin pushed away Jacob with all his force and carried himself to Ariana, where she was standing her eyes soaked with tears " Ani! " he tried to hold her hand but she yanked him away. " don't come near me. "

" I don't know on what basis you all are saying but it is not the truth. " he nearly shouted.

" stop fooling us. " Jacob said in loud voice.

" you better stay away from me. "

" ok then. Inspector Sussan, arrest him. Now law will take care of you. "

Susan came near Kevin and as she was going to cuff her, Kevin spoke up " you all want to know the truth then ask my Aunt. All chaos will be cleared " Kevin claimed.

" no need. We already have all the proof. " Jacob stated.

" okay. " After so long of being silent she finally decided to say something " Let's ask Aunt Hayden. " in her brittle voice

" but..."

" no J. " she cut in " everyone has a right to put their views in. We surely will declare his punishment but if he wants to first talk to his Aunt we should. " She said this because she wanted to be proved wrong about everything she learned about Kevin.

_______________

everyone gathered around the coffee table in Kevin's living room. Ariana, Jessica and Sussan made space for themselves on the couch, Albert choose the pauffe and Carl and Jacob were sitting on the chairs opposite to Albert pulled from the dinning table and Kevin and Aunt Hayden were situated on the other two chairs from the dinning table which were now placed parallel to the couch. Ariana expounded everything happened uptill now to Aunt Hayden. Now every eyes were glued on her, for her answer.

Aunt Hayden swallowed and finally spoke up " yes. He's Benedick's son. "

Jacob and Carl smiled on hearing it but this statement of Aunt Hayden shocked Kevin to the core " what? "

" look now your Aunt also agreed. " Jacob stated.

" but he didn't know anything about it. " Aunt Hayden said.

" yes I don't. " Kevin looked at his Aunt and gave her a look of why he doesn't know anything.

" Aunt Hayden please explain everything in detail. " Ariana begged.

" though I promised Amelia, Kevin's mother to never tell this to Kevin but this situation is so serious that I have to. "

" go on. "

" my sister Amelia fell in love with Benedick and he told her everything, that he is a wizard and has one daughter also. Amelia was fine with all this because she loved him. They got married and had a son they named him David. I know this, that first born of a wizard and Norlm possess magical powers and David, like his father was a wizard. After two years they again had a child, Kevin. He was not born with the powers like her brother. He couldn't perform magic like David and Sofia. So, Amelia asked Benedick that their will be no talk or execution of magic and she also locked picture of Eroba and their Wands in a trinket. She didn't want Kevin to feel different or low on seeing them doing but he can't. Benedick and Amelia were unaware of Sofia's planning and plotting to trespass the borders of Eroba and marry the king to acquire the mysticals, she also manipulated David, he was just fourteen then and involved him in her plan. when Benedick and Amelia came to know about it she killed them both. Before she died she called me and informed everything about Sofia and asked me to keep Kevin safe forever, as when all this happened he was just eight. "

" and they came to Eroba with a new identity ao that no one could recognize her. " Ariana added.

" I can't believe what my ears just perceived. " Kevin was bemused.

" one question? " Jacob butted in. " you said he wasn't born with powers then how could he control a wand. "

" he wasn't born with powers was that we thought . " she started " he do possesed magic but he didn't had control over it and that we came to know when he turned eleven. I don't know much about wizarding world but have some knowledge. He is a half Norlm and half wizard. Sometimes his powers gets control over him and do dangerous things because of this he always thought that he is a bad luck. "

" that's what I've been thinking about myself all these years, that I'm a freak " Kevin spoke " and I never told you of me being different because once I loved a girl and when I told her about this she broke up with me. I Didn't told you anything because I thought..... " he trailed.

" that I'll leave you on knowing that. " she complete those lines for him.

He nodded.

" but I'm weird too "

" I didn't knew that when I met you. " he broke a smile.

I'm so sorry Kev. " Ariana left the couch and the other second she was near Kevin. She embraced him " sorry please. I should have never doubted you in the first place. "

" it's okay. "

" one more querie. " Carl raised his hand " when we were in mystic island why his wish of falling that tree came true? "

" I think I know. " Albert spoke up " because it's an island with immeasurable powers and Kevin didn't have control over his. Just for once because of the clash between his and the islands powers must have resulted that. "

" hmm. "

" sorry Kevin. I was too harsh on you before. " Jacob said with an anent look " please forgive me. "

" it's okay. "

" I'm sorry too. " Carl spoke up.

_________________

I would love have your thoughts in the comment box and don't forget to vote :))❤

Stay safe, stay healthy