Chapter 5

" thanks Max for leting us live here. " Ariana thanked him.

The apartment looked modern and opulent. It's living room contained one granite color sofa and an ottoman of the same colour kept face to face and in the middle of both of them one glass coffee table was situated. A large flat screen TV was secured on the kitchen wall parallel to the main entrance. On the left side of the living room there were two bedrooms adjacent to each other and on the right side first there was one bedroom and then next was a sliding door opening into an elegantly decorated terrace.

" oh its okay. Kevin's friends are my friends. "

" thanks kevin for so much help. Is there anything I could do for you. "

Max muttred in kevin's ear " I know you like her. ask her out."

" umm....can we." he hesitated he thought it would be too early to ask her out " be friends. " kevin proposed putting forward his hand.

Ariana shook his hand " yes " and she cracked a half smile.

" I think we should leave now. bye! " kevin said.

" see ya. " Ariana replied

" everything is set. We should now start working on our mission." jessica said perching on the sofa.

" half of our day already went to waste. So its better if we start from tommorow. " Carl said without looking at Ariana or jessica as he was busy analysing the objects kept in the room with maze.

" its better if we do it tommorow. " jessica lolled.

" by the way who told you I was here. " Ariana crossed her hands

" Andrew! " Carl footled.

" he was not telling but we forced him to." Jessica continued " and how could you think of doing anything without us. "

" I didn't wanna bother you. "

" didn't wanna bother us. Ani you don't even have to think about bothering us. We'll always be there for you. "

" I know. Sorry. " she shrugged

___________________

" here. House number 6 " carl pointed out.

They opened the gate of the house at old orchard road. It's exterior wasn't much apealing to the eyes. Everything there needed some maintanence. They knocked the creaky door and waited for the reply.
After few minutes a tall man opened it. He had a muscular body and a bald head, he at them with sternness in his eyes. His furious expresions were making him look more fierce.

" who? "

" Ariana. and you must be Hallam Birkenhead. "

" No "

" does he live here? " Carl popped out his head between Ariana's and jessica's from behind.

" Neither I'm Hallam Birkenhead nor he lives here. Now leave, you kids." He said in his stony voice and he was about to close the door but jessica placed her hand on the door to stop him and asked " we are sorry to distrub you but if you know where he lives and could tell us then that would be a great help. "

" I dunno who the hell this man is. " he banged the door.

" he could be much politer. "jessica scowled." are you sure Ani. This is the right adress." jessica said wrinkling her forehead.

" yeah. I'm sure Vanessa gave me the same adress. " she replied.

" but he doesn't live here. " carl said.

" I'll write to Vanessa about this but we have to find the right adress. " Ariana suggested.

" How? "

" we'll find some way offcource but for now we should leave."

" wait ! " Carl shrieked checking his pockets " I think I dropped my wand somewhere. "

" What! " jessics sighed " why can't you be responsible. "

" lets don't waste any time and search. " Ariana urged.

They all scattered. Jessica was searching into the frontyard of the house. Ariana trudged slowley looking down here and there until someone stopped her.

" hey ! "

" kevin! Hey! " she said casualy but her whole attention was on Carl's wand as her eyes were searching for it instaed of concentrating on Kevin.

" did you lost anything? " he asked looking at her distracted face.

" not so important. " she replied airly " well, Nice to see you again. "

" to you too."

They both stood there for few seconds in complete silence looking at their shoes.

" So, how long you'll be in Paris. " Kevin spoke breaking the awkward silence.

" few more days."

" okay, so.....if you are free tommorow can we......have..lunch together. " Kevin stammered because he was not sure how Ariana will react to this as only twice they haved met and has just gotten into a friendship . " only if you want to. "

" Are you asking me on a date ? . " she raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms giving him a grave look.

" No! Not a date. Just a lunch together as friends. " he spoke in a strained voice.

She chuckled " I was joking. okay, I'll have lunch with you tommorow. "

Her reply brightened his face " great! Then I'll pick you up. "

" done " she cracked a smile.

" Ani we've foun....hey kevin. " Carl ciesed on seeing kevin.

" hey! I should leave." Kevin turned and left the three of them alone on the road of old orchard street.

" thank god! You've found the time ball. " Ariana sighed.

" Yeah! Thank god no one had goten hands on it. " jessica huffed " we should get back. "

They clutched each others hands And as soon as Ariana spelled something all three of them vanished from the street.

____________________

I hope you all are enjoying reading my story :))

I would love to have your votes and comments :)❤

Stay safe, stay healthy