Chapter 2

In paris

" you called me. " Kevin asked opening the door of his bosses cabin.

" yes. Come in. " His boss said and when he was standing across his desk he forwarded a file for Kevin to see.

" what is this ? He was nonplussed.

" look at the last page. "

" it says that fifteen hundred euro is less in the companies account. where are they? " Mr Caron asked.

" how would I know. Sir. " he said looking perplexed.

" Kevin, don't lie to me. You are the one who deals with my clients and their payments. It's easy for you to keep any sum. "

" but sir I haven't stolen. "

" I don't want dishonest people in my company. If you have done then admit it. " Mr Caron said stably

" I swear I haven't done anything. " he pleaded.

" dad! " a young girl entered the room ceasing their conversation " their are some people outside who wants to meet you. I think it's really urgent, you should go and check. "

" stay here Kevin. When I'll return I'll want an honest answer. " Mr Caron said in a serious tone and left the room.

" what happened Kevin? " Diana asked footing near the desk where Kevin was standing.

" fifteen hundred euros have been missing and your dad thinks I'm the culprit. My bad luck just don't leave me anywhere. It's been only a week I've got a job and this happened. " he said perching on the chair in front of the desk in dismay.

" I know you didn't. I did it. " she confessed.

" what! " Kevin exclaimed and springed from the chair " why you haven't told your father anything? "

" you know my father don't want me to be a spendthrift but there are my needs. There are some wants for which dad won't give me money. So, I have to do this. "

" Diana! This is not the right way. "

" there's no right or wrong when it comes to desires. Now, when my dad returns you'll say that you've taken that money. "

" I will not. You should tell him the truth. " He ticked off.

" oh honey! You forgot what was the deal between us. " she said coming closer and held his hand " I'll provide you with a job and you'll do whatever I say. Don't you wanna help your Aunt. "

" I'll be fired if I'll tell that I stole the money. "

" no you won't. I'll convince dad. He'll not fire you. It's my guarantee. " and she kissed him on his cheek.

" Kevin. Are you ready with your answer. " Mr Caron asked entering into the cabin. He moved towards his desk, slouched in his chair and stared Kevin for an answer.

He kept silent for few minutes and then he said reluctantly in a low tone " sorry! I did it. "

" it's good that you accepted your mistake but you are fired. "