A New Family

Bucky looked down and blinked to make sure that it was really there. On his doorstep was a small baby. She was crying very hard now. In order to not draw attention he quickly scooped the baby into his arms and walked into the house shutting the door. Steve came out of the back room to see what was going on. He froze in his tracks when he saw Bucky turn around holding a baby.

"Who is that?" Steve asked walking closer.

"I-I don't know. She was on the doorstep" Bucky said gently rocking the baby.

The two of them debated wondering what to do with her. They ultimately decided to keep her. After all they did want a family of there own but knew it could never happen. They rose the girl in secret, nobody ever knew about her.

Time skip: 10 years later

Maddie blew out the candle on the small cupcake that sat in front of her. Today was her birthday. She was turning 10 years old today. By her side were her two fathers, Steve and Bucky. This was after Steve had the serum. The two of them were able to sneak away from the base that day to celebrate with her. She lived at the house by herself. Steve and Bucky were always gone now. They were so close to defeating the red skull.

Maddie watched as he two of them left again. They spent the whole day together but now they had to leave.