Chapter 35: Delusional

Start from the beginning

Think again. I was going to make sure that bastard got put into prison to rot in there for eternity. Or...at least until he died.

I kept my eyes fixated on the road, holding Liam close to my body while his head leaned on my shoulder. My fingers absentmindedly ran themselves through his hair while I observed where we were going. Louis had told me that we were meeting Brayden at the coffeehouse and I was going to make sure he wasn't lying.

The car ride was silent, save for the gentle hum coming from the engine. Harry and Louis kept giving each other knowing looks and Zayn kept fidgeting next to me. I was about having it with all his squirming and would have knocked him senseless over the head if Danielle hadn't kept shooting me a look of warning. It was like she could read my mind.

Instead, I channeled my irritation into admiration for my boyfriend, watching the way he curled up next to me and the way his eyes fluttered when he blinked. Never had I seen Liam so vulnerable in the two years since that I've known him. He'd always been the strong leader of our group, the one we would go to if we had worries, the one who pulled everything together.

Up until his courage was robbed from him.

Now he was like an innocent little puppy--or as the fans liked to call him. He was always looking up at me or the others now with wide eyes that shined with innocence. I couldn't leave him for a second without tears spilling down his cheeks from anything he dropped or recurring memories. He'd also become a bit more clumsy and jumpy. It was understandable. Or, at least to me it was. Other than Danielle, I was the only person who still had patience with him. And that ticked me off.

I felt Liam move a bit when he let out a sigh and brought his eyes out towards the window. Biting my lip, I turned away to bring my own eyes over to Louis.